Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Member Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default DP RAPs on-off w/ bleed ASA

Dangerous Power RAP ASA Review
I bought this on/off at my local proshop a few months ago and if I remember correctly, I believe I paid $45 for the one I currently own. I wanted to wait to make a review after several days of using it and now that Iíve got 15 games in with this ASA, I will share my thoughts.

First, itís a binary component. It comes with a thin dove-tail rail thatís mounted on the marker. Within that rail is a small ball bearing. The ball bearing is moved by a grub screw and this is what tightens/loosens the ASA on the rail. If you remove the grub screw or loosen it too far IT WILL FALL OUT. This creates the need to take oneís time when assembling or removing the ASA because it can be lost.
The finish is superb. I bought it in dust black because it matches any marker I put it on. The finish is even all the way around the unit and I do not see any tool marks in the metal.

The gauge was already installed and comes with a matching black ring, black gauge face with white numbers/lines and goes to a total of 1200 psi, in 200 psi graduation marks. It is very easy to read, even on the move. Comparing the reading to the ones on my tanks, itís difficult to say with an exact confirmation that they read the same because of the nature of the psi graduations - but Iíll say that this gauge is to within 50 psi, the same reading as either gauge on my GuerrillaAir bottle Regs which are also relatively new.

Engagement and disengagement is accomplished by flipping a lever on the bottom of the unit. In the picture that you see it Ďopení in my hand, youíll see two silver dots; one on the lever and one on the body. These are magnets that hold the lever in place when itís closed and ďon.Ē They are pretty strong and there has been no issue with them holding onto each other. When you close the lever, it cantilevers the pin that depresses the valve pin on your tank. This is also the ASAís bleed system. When the markerís charged with air, flip the lever into its Ďopení direction to bleed the air from the system.

There are two air passage holes in the tank-mount and they provide plenty of air to my Mag with either a direct bottle mount or with a remote adapter plug. Iíve used both and there is no noticeable difference in performance of the unit or Mag.

To sum up my assessment, I really like this on/off and would like to get 2 more. Iíd mount one on my Stage 5 Ion (dust red is available) and another dust black on my other Mag.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Default Re: DP RAPs on-off w/ bleed ASA

I have one of these on my quest and i absolutely love it,

There is only one part that annoys me. When you turn it off by lifting the switch, sometimes you hand barely hits the lever slightly and it'll let air into my marker. It might be me, but when i want my tank off, I want it off.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Nice sweater
You get that fitting from hobby horse?
Looks very nice.
Good review.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Resident *******

Bahahaha! Nice sweater, Paul! Good review too, I guess... :P

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 12-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

No, I didn't get the fitting from hobbyhorse. His products are much better quality than those I create on my own.... :P ...That's black plastic modeler's enamel though...and I used a "sponge" to create the 'chewed' effect to limit the shine/gloss of the paint.

...and I was going out to dinner right after I snapped those shots :P
Old 12-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Resident *******

Psh, suUUUuuuuuuuuuure! Dude, it's two days until you have to look like that, and you're already lookin' fruity!!!

What brand of paint did you use?

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 12-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Finally!!!

I really like the RAPS I've had on my pilot, only thing I'd add to the review is that after about 5-7 months of use you may experience a problem with when you closed the lever to air the marker it would "dump" air and not seal properly, so about every 6 months you'll want to tear it down(which is incredibly easy), clean it and lube it, after that it's flawless and like Druid said the finish on it is very nice. Compliments any marker w/milling that has sharp edges, pilot is a good example. Good review!
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 01-01-2008, 05:46 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

I wanted one of these originally for my Imagine, but they weren't selling em...

I might pick one up if I can find it for cheap, I'm sorely disappointed with my CP On/Off
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

you can get one of the knock ones, they work just as good, just cheaper looking