Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Noob with a custom title

Default Upgrades

Hey all once again, i need some advice. As i wont be getting these upgrades soon( im getting a barrel in the near) i just want a idea of what upgrades i would need to do to my spyder pilot acs 05'. I already have a hopper and a new barrel(soon!). What upgrades would be good for my gun(IE feedneck, compressed air, regulator, ect,ect). Also how many shots would i get from a 3000 psi tank?
Old 02-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: Upgrades

CLICK THIS LINK

yer welcome
Old 02-13-2006, 04:17 AM

Respected, period.

First of all Welcome to the forum. You won't find a better group of guys anywhere. Never hesitate to ask a question, even if its not about Spyders or Kingman guns. We have a variety of people here and the is at least one person who knows a lot about every gun available.

Now,

If I were you the next upgrade I would invest in is a Compress Air System or HPA. HPA is much more consistent than co2 and its also easier on your gun internals.

As for other upgrades Otter's site(the link druid gave you above) is great to read all about Spyder's and what is possible. You'll probably be most interested in the LP Project and Low Pressure F.A.Q. It tells you how to convert your gun to LP so it can be more efficient.

As for how many shots you will get from a 3000 psi tank. That all depends on what size you get, 47ci, 68ci, 88ci, ect... Here is a chart on "shots per tank", also provided by Otter. However that is just an estimate, you could get more, you could get less, every gun is different.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Marine Corps.

well as shunut said you could either get that ... or IMO i would get a clamping feedneck since those plastic feednecks always snap. This would probably cost you around 15-30 used depending on what kind of quality it is. I personally would like a t-lock, since there's no allen wrenches required.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Noob with a custom title

I think im going to get a Hpa tank after a new barrel.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Marine Corps.

alright, sounds good to me ... even though your elbow will probably frequently snap, unless you don't play very often.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Noob with a custom title

Yeah elbow will be after the Hpa tank!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Noob with a custom title

Hey all about new regulators, what go you have to have to get one(new hoses ect ect)? Are they hard to install? Are they really worth it? Im getting a new(better gun a year or so from now so should i?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:22 AM

Respected, period.

They are very worth it, they allow you to fine tune your marker to increase effiecency. They are very easy to install, simply unscrew your expansion chamber or foregrip and screw the regulator in. Except I think the Pilot might have that funky x-chamber and VA. In which case you would also need to get a new VA to put the regulator on. After saying all this, you don't necessarily need a regulator. Spyders are made to run at about 800 psi, which is the pressure most tanks put out.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Marine Corps.

yep .. a great VA could either be the assault block, or the trinity .. and a good reg could be maybe a torp, cp, or maybe even the palmers.

The reg would let you decrease and increase the psi allowing you to control your fps