Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2006, 09:01 AM

Default Re: shocker clone

I like it. The rear part of the body looks kinda plain, but the frame looks pretty cool IMO.

Proud Owner of an Automag!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

if u go onto that pbn link and then click the quest video thread. that thing has 0 kick. thats actually pretty aweesome. i like it now.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Listen to Bob Marley

Looks like a Angel and Shocker mated...holy ugly gun batman
Old 02-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

snaps fingers

THAT'S what it reminded me of! I couldn't place it for some reason.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Finally! A special name!!

This gun was made by some of the industry's best techs and engineers who broke off from companies... Sorry vike, but it kicks the Shocker's tail... I say that while owning a Shocker that is very similar to yours. Shot both, only marker I'd take over the Quest is a DM6, and that's not even certain... The gun is AWESOME... And vike, Shockers don't have LPRs, so the operating pressure is whatever pressure you're putting into it... That's moot though, as the bolt pressure also depends on the surface area the air's pushing on... Which no manufacturers actually take into consideration... Believe me and anyone else that's shot a Quest, it shoots a lot better than a Shocker... Haha Vike, I don't know why I'm surprised by your unfounded decisions on markers... It happens a fair amount. Haha but I guess I'm surprised by it because I've always thought of you as an openminded person... But you're one tough customer... Lol someone REALLY has to sell the idea of a product to you before you accept it... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... But yeah... Give it a chance before you say that one is better than the other... That's all I ask
Old 02-11-2006, 03:31 PM
shake shake shake shake shake shake

hes been like that after the sonix
Old 02-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Holy crap! Don't know where that came from! I'm as open minded as anyone. It's like you said though. I'm tough to convince on some things. However, I don't know where this "unfounded decisions on markers" thing came from, because I've only stated what I've seen and experienced, up until this post, with other guns....

What other examples of these "unfounded decisions" could you give me, since I'd love to defend myself....

I only really vote for guns and products I've used. I've never used a Quest, so I was going by the stats that were given. It's just an opinion, and when you find an opinion that's worth anything, let me know!
Old 02-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

other than the sonix, and I blame the smog in NW Oklahoma for that one...
Old 02-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Finally! A special name!!

Like I said, it's more a matter of convincing than close-mindedness... I don't recall exactly when it was, but I remember it kinda throwing me offguard... Haha sometimes skepticism can make you come off as close-minded... But yeah... It wasn't meant to be critical of you... I was simply bringing up the fact that if you compared simply the stats of the Shocker with the stats of the Quest, the Quest would likely win in a landslide, but since you have lots of experience with one of them, your opinion is biased... If you look at your post, you detailed things about the Shocker, but simply listed speculations and "heard through the grapevine" facts about the Quest... All this said, go shoot one and you'll likely change your mind...
Old 02-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

You might be right. I certainly didn't want to say that the Shocker is the BEST gun out there - nor was I saying it's the end-all beat-all gun, although I could see where people might think that. I am partial to it, but that's not what I meant. Having never shot a Quest before, I was just going off the stats that were listed, and comparing them to a Shocker, because that was the gun that was mentioned BEFORE my post.

One might compare it to a Timmy or a DM, but the basic body shape is similar to that of a shocker, so it was the gun of choice, I suppose.

Like I said before, it's probably a great gun! And if I ever get a chance, I'm sure I'll like it. Like you said, I'm tough to sell on something. I'm a firm believer that once you get past a certain price on a gun, they all end up being a lot alike. Heck, I'm still not even convinced with my angel, and I've had it for a couple months now!

But you can be assured, I USUALLY reserve my comments on whether a gun is good or not until I actually play with it. It's just that I went out on a limb this time...won't happen again!