Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2006, 11:03 PM
New Guy

Default Brand New Style Of Hopper!???

oK GUYS MY BROTHER THE OTHER DAY SAYS HE SAW A HOPPER THAT IS LIKE A POD THAT IS PLACED UNDERNEATH THE BARRELL OF THE GUN...AND HAS A FORCE FEED THAT PUSHES THE BALLS UP INTO THE GUN.....HOWEVER....WITH THIS HOPPER YOU CAN SHOT UPSIDE DOWN.........ANYBODY SEEN OR HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.....I LOOKED AND CANT FIND ANYTHING ON THIS!!!!

HELP ANYONE!
Old 02-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Brand New Style Of Hopper!???

Q-Loader. Welcome to the Forums. Remember that the Caps Lock isn't your friend.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 02-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Matrix Connoisseur

yeah, its called a Q-loader. it came out about a year ago (id guess... im not posative). it was supposed to be a revolutionary idea for forcefeed without batteries, but it never really caught on due to it disturbing the balance of the gun, and looking horrible on any setup (in mine, and many other's opinion), and also difficulty to load.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:19 AM
Spyder Addict

Actually it makes the gun balance better. It is also easy to load but there was a major renovation. The only thing I have found lacking is that it is a 100 round hopper. If you have a vest like mine it's no big deal because you could still carry 1500 rounds. Unfortunately if you don't.......your probably able to carry 400-600 rounds. If you can live with that range it's an awesome loader. Unfortunately it sucks at scenario games due to the fact you can't borrow paint. On the other hand it's fun to say, "Sorry I can't give you any paint!." Or you can always hand them a pod and laugh at their bewilderment
Old 02-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Finally! A special name!!

Haha timbertiger and I got ours at the same time... He loved his, I had quite a few problems with mine... Most of that layed in the fact that the kid that sold them to us lied to ME; while he said that it was unused, the opposite was obviously true. Timber's hadn't been used, but when I got mine, the elbow was broken, the mounting adapter was cracked, and things didn't look pretty... One call to Ancient Innovations Corp. on December 24, and they shipped me all the parts I needed free of charge(lifetime warranty). I received them on December 27th, having been worrying for three days if the parts would be there by the 29th when I was leaving town. As far as customer service goes, I've never had a more pleasant experience with any other company. Mounting the Q-loader on my second B2K4 was definitely a chore, as I had a 15* ASA. To be quite honest, I don't know how the heck I pulled it off. It was an easy install on my first B2K4 though. I just slid the metal adapter over the reg, put a strip of rubber between the adapter and the reg to prevent scratching, and tightened it up. While for many markers, it's an easy install, there is a major issue involved in mounting for people who don't have good mounting points. Ancient Innovations Corp. fixed this problem with their custom mounting bracket, but that's an extra $35 out of your pocket. All this aside, it's one of the lightest and most balanced loaders you'll ever use, and it's fast to boot. Some people say that maintaining them is a pain in the tail, but the truth is that it's MUCH easier than a Halo and sorts... There are no electronic components, so you don't have to worry about cleaning with water, and disassembly is toolless and once comfortable with the system, takes about 45 seconds. Granted, there are multiple pods to maintain, but it still beats the time it takes to unscrew the screws on a Halo, take off the drive cone, clean the entire inside of the hopper, be cautious to stay away from electronics, etc. And honestly, the only reason you'd need to open one up is if you broke a ball, which is very unlikely, since, if you think about it, every ball in the Q-loader and feedtube is sharing equal pressure. And even if you throw a Q-pod, it's much less likely to break paint than a regular pod, since everything is kept so stable.

Tl;dr?

Pros:
Fast fast fast fast fast fast fast
Easy to use
Easy to maintain
Great customer service
Not being able to give people paint

Cons:
Sometimes cumbersome
100 ball capacity
Tricky mounting in some cases
Not being able to give teammates paint
Old 02-11-2006, 09:04 AM
New Guy

cool guys.....very awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:58 AM

Can't wait to install mine on my MR2
Old 02-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Finally! A special name!!

It looks pretty good on Mil-Sim markers, IMO.... A bit out of place on others though...
Old 02-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Sprayin and Prayin.

if it works the way it says it should it looks prety tight. i dont see how it doset crush the paint tho
Old 02-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Listen to Bob Marley

light spring