Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2007, 08:26 PM

Respected, period.

Default Guitarists: What cable do you use?

I need to get a new cable. The one I had, I thought was good, but it stopped working today. I took it apart and one of the connections were bad. I tried soldering it back together but I suck at soldering. I think I got it too hot because I know all the wires are connected but it still doesn't work. I was planning on getting a new cable anyway so I would like to know what other people have used, tried, liked, didn't like...

I've heard some good things about DiMarzio cables. I think the best thing I heard about them was that they have a lifetime warranty and if anything happens to your cable, ever, they will replace it. I think thats DiMarzio.

So, whats good and whats not?

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 11-23-2007, 04:40 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Default Re: Guitarists: What cable do you use?

Lifetime warranties are always great.

That being said, Monstercables work wonders for my band. I have a Monstercable that needs to be replaced, but I have yet to get around to do it. Only downside is the extraordinarily steep price.
Just as well, Monstercables are well insulated, so there is minimal fuzz if any at all; and, even cooler, is some of the higher-end ones have on-off switches at the plugs so you don't have to use the volume knobs to turn down if you need to talk during a concert. It also helps in prevent that crackle when you plug your cable into your guitar with the Amp on.

But, I have also heard great things about DiMarzio. Being a well known music company, I think they're just as good a candidate for guitar cables.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:19 AM
Spyder Addict

I just get cheap ones. In my oppinion don't worry about really expensive ones because from my experience the break more.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:04 AM

Respected, period.

I have 2 cheap cables right now. 1 that came with my guitar and one that Guitar Center gave me for free when I got my WahWah and neither sound very good. The one that broke is the one I use all the time and the sound quality from it was much better. It was also a much thicker cable than the other 2.

Leed - I was looking at the Monster Cables as well. I just was hoping to get some opinions from everyone.

I think my guitar instructor uses DiMarzio cables and likes them a lot. I think I might go to Guitar Center today and see what some of the guys there say.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 11-23-2007, 06:16 AM
The Gumpster

I like the monster cables, they work real well.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next couple hours. This is your heaven on earth. Live it. Love it. Paintball for life."
Red Proto jersey, USED ONCE!
Old 11-23-2007, 07:04 AM
RaWr

I dont play electric guitar, but I have done a good bit with sound production and live sound etc. and I always have been a monster cable fan.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 11-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Spyder Addict

i've been using 20' gold tipped fender cables for the past 7 years. actually, they aren't really gold tipped anymore. it all wore off. lol.

one connection broke a few years ago, i replaced it, and haven't had a problem since. sound quality is pretty good, probably not the best, but good enough for just about everything.

i've also always liked those california coil cables. i think that's what they're called. you don't have to worry so much about tangles with them. i've had a generic one for several years. it's nice for just screwing around sometimes. i can pull that out and just shove it back in my bag when i'm done, instead of uncoiling, untangling, then recoiling a 20' cable.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:06 AM

I've always used Montser Cable and Mogami and really like both.

Xbox Live: Cal3bH
Old 11-23-2007, 11:30 AM
<<< my friend's idea of good camouflage...

haha i want a wireless cable those things are so ballin! my friend has one and it works great. not real sure what brand though but i heard it was somewhat spendy... i just use cheap cables myself

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
-One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page