Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
don't let your meat loaf

Default The MR1's Life Span

As I start to play more around some fields I notice that there are not many spyders and certainly not may MR1's. Would everyone classify the MR1 as an entry level marker? I like the marker. I think it is very tough and easy to maintain. I have been thinking of getting a VS2(about my price range and the silver one is TIGHT!). I just hate getting out there and getting out gunned by someone that is launching 20bps. I think that the "full auto" markers are a bit of a crutch and allow anyone with the money to play at any level. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good players that use "full auto" but there are much more that need the tactical advantage that "full auto" brings to the table. Last weekend I played with some people that shot 600+ rounds in the first 5 minutes and didn't hit anyone. This person was always running out of paint or the marker was running out of air and then the other team was down one player.

I'm thinking of doing some (more )mods to it and was wondering what you guys thought the best thing or things to do are. What I am trying to get with my mods are things that most others are probably trying to get as well. I'll list them here in order of importance to me.

1. Better accuracy: Is this better achieved with (A) A better barrel; (B) Switching from CO2 to HPA; or (C) Better paint. I guess to sum up I would like to switch to HPA and get the j&j 14" barrel. Which affects the accuracy more?

2. Lighter trigger pull. I am happy shooting mechanical right now. I just wish I could get a lighter trigger pull. and maybe a shorter trigger pull as well.

I am going to go hunt for a new barrel tomorrow and see if I can find one of the j&j ceramic 14" jobs.

PBNTrust

Last edited by deano 177 : 12-08-2007 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Has Been

Default Re: The MR1's Life Span

Does your field allow full auto? Most people shoot really fast. And the MR1 in tournament play I would classify below Entry level.

to answer questions:

1. All three, but the best accuracy is to get the best paint bore to barrel bore match. You dont want to big of a ball(that wont fit) or to small(that will fly everywhere)

2. Get an E frame or get an electronic gun. Or do the nickel mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:08 PM
EM1 Tech guy

Nickel mod on a mech. frame??

Take the trigger spring out. Pull it a little & cut it. The will give you a lighter pull. Or just replacing the spring with a lighter one.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
don't let your meat loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy
Does your field allow full auto? Most people shoot really fast. And the MR1 in tournament play I would classify below Entry level.

to answer questions:

1. All three, but the best accuracy is to get the best paint bore to barrel bore match. You dont want to big of a ball(that wont fit) or to small(that will fly everywhere)

2. Get an E frame or get an electronic gun. Or do the nickel mod.
Yea, they shoot fast. I don't know if it was full auto but it sounded like it. I guess I'm not really talking about tourny play, just fast woods ball play.

PBNTrust

Last edited by deano 177 : 12-06-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Phfff..custon user title...

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/trigger.html

You know..Why not try the magnet mod??
Old 12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
don't let your meat loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadShot
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/magtrig.html

Seems like that would make the trigger pull harder. That is different though...

PBNTrust
Old 12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Not too new guy

Magnet mod would not be ideal for a mech. trigger. If I were you, I would look at getting a new barrel and possibly get an E-trigger. That way you can keep the MR1 and continue to mod it as you go along. Do primarily play woodsball?

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Run as fast as you can, I still have a clean headshot

I wouldn't fully consider the MR1 at an entry level. It shoots more accurately as well as faster than entry level markers such as a viewloader etc. An MR1 that is fully upgraded (although depending on your definition), I think is as close to pro as possible. Many barrels will improve distance and accuracy. I prefer the tactical type. Paint will effect everything. Just be sure the barrel you choose will cooperate with the paint. Cheap paint will suck, Professional paint will give you everything. HPA hands down is the best. It is better year round especially in the winter. All three will help you.
Rap4 M4 Expansion Chamber(fut)
Rap4 Spyder Carbine Buttstock
EVLution 3 Loader
Spyder Revolutionary Rocking Trigger 2.0 CAMd 3.0
G&P Tilted Lower Side Rail RIS Extension Mount
Rifle Cheek Pad Ammo Pouch
Heavy Duty Remote Coil Line
BSA 1 x 46 Red Dot
Neonfire Self-pressure Laser Sight
Spyder "low blow" delrin bolt
Spyder Delrin Striker(fut)
Bandit Bolts Spyder High Flow Air Valve
Velocity Kit
Pure Energy High Pressure Nitro Tank
Old 12-07-2007, 03:25 AM
EM1 Tech guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadShot
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/trigger.html

I tried the magnets in my mech frame & they didnt work to well. WAY to soft for a mechanical frame. Now if you had a mill or drill press you could put 4 or more magnets to build up the force but I think it will still be to light.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:03 AM
don't let your meat loaf

Well, I prefer to play full on woods ball but the fields that are close to me are more speed ball / fast woods ball oriented(Here is the closest: http://gtfpaintball.com/). I picked up the j&j ceramic 14" yesterday and I have noticed that the marker shoots a bit more consistent with its placement of the paint but I was running out of air so I was only having speeds of about 250 to 260 fps after about 100 balls(I chronoed about 312+ with the new barrel). I think that soon I will upgrade to HPA. I don't know how much money I want to put into the marker. I may do some trigger work(since I can do that for free ) and let it go at that. Then maybe after the first of the year I'll buy a new marker and keep this one as a loaner or backup...

PBNTrust