Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2007, 07:22 PM
New Guy

Default Brand new MR2, major problems need help!!

Thanks in advance.

Ok, so I just got my MR2 yesterday. I charged it up and today decided to fire some balls through it to see how it fares. This is where i developed my problems.
I cannot fire more than 5 shots without a ball breaking on me. I've tried just plain old single shot mode with a Halo B on it and this thing is a mixer. I checked the detents and I am not getting 2 balls in the barrel either. I then tried just my plain old gravity fed hopper and the same thing would happen. I could not fire 5 shots in a row without a ball breaking but with the plain hopper I had the lid fly open on me and i was noticing that when the balls would break they would shoot back up into the hopper.

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on with this thing?

I'm using the same paint I've used for the past 2 weeks in 3 other guns with no problems as well. One of those guns was even a Spyder Pilot ACS.

The only thing that I have noticed that can be wrong is that when a ball drops in it's slightly behind where the feedneck is. i'm talking maybe a 1/16-1/32 of an inch. And then when the ball fires it bumps the ball currently in the feedneck.

Can anyone help me with this problem. I'm at a loss. I'm trying the break in the bolt thing over night. But I can't imagine that being the issue if I'm shooting slow.

Please help thanks.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Default Re: Brand new MR2, major problems need help!!

the spring the acs bolt on a stock mr2 is pretty hard, the stock main spring is also,

breaking in the acs bolt will probably fix your problem, just like any new gun it needs to be broken in
Old 11-07-2007, 09:24 PM
New Guy

Ok I'll give it a try. Do you think 24hours compressed should do it? Funny thing is my Pilot ACS didn't need to be broken in at all. I hope that is all it is. I mean seriously 1 out of 5 balls would either shoot out the gun exploding or up into the hopper. I was hoping this gun would be as reliable as my tippman 98. I sure hope this fixes it.

Thanks I'll let you guys know how it is tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Silent Assassins DELTA FORCE - alpha commander

Sprint kit
JT Flex 8-full w/fan & V-force Grill
Steel HPA Tank
Delrin -LOW BLOW-2 O-ring bolt
16" Hammerhead Barrel BattleStikxx
6" Urban combat style
Tac.Sling
Old 11-08-2007, 04:29 AM
New Guy

What's a sprint kit?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:58 AM
Silent Assassins DELTA FORCE - alpha commander

if you look at the velocity adjuster..there's a pin that goes through it.....take it out (watch it cuz it'll jump out and probably hit you the face) take that piece out and you'll find a spring. It's too strong and if you get a spring kit you can lower the velocity of you gun. this is not gonna stop your choping but it'll help on performance.

As for the choping....get a 2 O-ring bolt or just "break in" the stock bolt. Keep your bolt oiled....try not to use shady paint and see wat happens
JT Flex 8-full w/fan & V-force Grill
Steel HPA Tank
Delrin -LOW BLOW-2 O-ring bolt
16" Hammerhead Barrel BattleStikxx
6" Urban combat style
Tac.Sling
Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 AM
New Guy

Ok what exactly is the 2-oring bolt called and do you know where I can get one? I've had this thing apart about ten times just cleaning it and trying to figure out what is going on. So I know what springs you are talking about. I don't really think I need to turn down the fps so I'm gonna leave that be. I really need to get a handle on this chopping problem. As it sits the gun is unusable. I hope breaking in the bolt works. Or if you could please let me know the name of the 2 oring bolt and a place to get one.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suade907
Ok what exactly is the 2-oring bolt called and do you know where I can get one? I've had this thing apart about ten times just cleaning it and trying to figure out what is going on. So I know what springs you are talking about. I don't really think I need to turn down the fps so I'm gonna leave that be. I really need to get a handle on this chopping problem. As it sits the gun is unusable. I hope breaking in the bolt works. Or if you could please let me know the name of the 2 oring bolt and a place to get one.

Thanks
hes talking about the alamo city paintball 2 o-ring bolt

try breaking in the acs bolt first, trust me the springs are really hard, i bought my mr2 when my cousin bought his pilot and i took both apart and noticed te mr had harder springs

24 hours might work, but i'm not sure, i let mine break in for a week because i have 2 other markers also

as for a spring kit, a spring kit is a kit made of same sized spring with different tensions used to tune your marker, its not a bad idea
Old 11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
New Guy

Ok thanks. I'll let the bolt sit for a few days then. I do have my pilot bolt that has not had any issues, do you think that would work in there just to try it? I just ordered the alamo city bolt as well. I really like the look and feel of this gun and plan to keep it for a long time. i just want to get all the bugs worked out. It really sucks when you buy something brand new and it doesn't work like it is supposed to. Oh well i have big time faith in you guys and I have no doubt the the bolt it the issue. We'll see how it fares this weekend.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suade907
Ok thanks. I'll let the bolt sit for a few days then. I do have my pilot bolt that has not had any issues, do you think that would work in there just to try it? I just ordered the alamo city bolt as well. I really like the look and feel of this gun and plan to keep it for a long time. i just want to get all the bugs worked out. It really sucks when you buy something brand new and it doesn't work like it is supposed to. Oh well i have big time faith in you guys and I have no doubt the the bolt it the issue. We'll see how it fares this weekend.
yea i was pissed off too that the anti chop bolt was actually chopping like crazy too when i first bought it

just to let you know there is one MAJOR bug with this gun, the board is actually very similar to the VS2s and its quick as ****, so i think its too quick for the bolt,

the only way to truly get rid of this problem is to get a force fed hopper, or get eyes which is what i need