Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Whats the BFD with BPS? IDFK.

Lightbulb Re: Show Your MR1

Hello all,

Haven't been on here in a while, but I got a private message and logged on. There are some good looking markers posted since last time I was here!

Anyway, I looked at Sonik's and immediately thought of what I would like to do for my next project. I have been making models and movie props (which is a hobby that is actually starting to pay) and not modding any markers since I was last on here, but wanted to share with something with you all. One day, in the course of googling for model designs, I found the plans for building your own custom E11 Stormtrooper Blaster replica out of PVC pipe (props go out to darksidesithlord). The plans are fairly well detailed schematics for reconstructing all the major parts of the blaster from PVC and sheet metal. Anyway, after making this thing, and my positive experience modding my mr1 into an M4 Carbine (pics are back a couple pages on this thread), I have decided that I am going to try to combine the two elements and make a working Stormtrooper MR1 Blaster! If anyone out there has already beaten me to it PLEASE POST PICS! I wanna see 'em!

This model isn't completely finished (still need to make the folding stock and I think the temporary part I put underneath the sight looks like garbage) but it gives a good idea what it will look like when it is done. It obviously doesn't fire anything, but I modified the design inside so it does have a functioning bolt that will cock and return into place. I also made a slag of epoxy and BB's and stuck globs of it inside so as to add to the thing's weight so it doesn't feel hollow. The design called for making the handle from scratch too, but I saved a little time buy cannibalizing an old Nintendo zapper. The first two pics are it when it was unpainted PVC, the next are the nearly finished product. This one looks only all right compared to some I've seen. There is a guy on you tube with a ridiculously sick one (Hollywood quality) that has working lights, sounds, and vibration motor for recoil!

I need to get some money again to buy another MR1, but am trying to finish my last semester of college right now and really don't need to be obsessing over making a paintball blaster (and I know I will when I start this project). I will give it a go around May. Anybody already made one?

Last edited by mojobang : 02-13-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 02-14-2009, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Show Your MR1

This is awesome, but what does it shoot?
Looks like an airsoft muzzle...
Old 02-14-2009, 05:09 AM
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach

He said it doesn't shoot.

Vid of me and my Guitar
derek_owns_a_guerrilla_radio-School buses don't = target practice, Hoss.. 
Hossapher-i shot alot of different types

MR1 Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Old 02-14-2009, 05:16 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

very nice, but i'd much rather see a DC-15 it sure beats the modded m16s the rebels used on Hoth!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 02-14-2009, 05:55 AM

No, this was just a replica. It doesn't fire a thing. The next one I build we be built around a new MR1 so it will fire .68 paintballs like any other one.

I think the classic Stormtrooper blaster is a little more recognizable piece of gear for most folks, although that site goes into building replicas of all types of Star Wars weapons. That, and considering that I want to use it with my armor, I think the E-11 would be better.

The only thing that will be a bit of a pain is moving the airline from underneath the front grip. Otherwise it should just be basically making a PVC body kit, change to a single trigger, cut the barrel and reservoir plug a couple of inches. The hopper should be exchanged for a q-loader, and should be moved to whichever side looks better, and you obviously want to use a remote tank of some kind.

I would love suggestions for gear to use on this project. I am going to try to keep it looking as much like the movie prop as possible, so if anybody knows of a piece that would improve the looks and the function (as this will be played with in real games, too) I would like to know about it. Here is a reference pic of a professionally made prop, for ideas.

Last edited by mojobang : 02-14-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: misspell
Old 03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
MR1 Owner

Based on your replica it looks totally possible to get that based from an MR1. The only large difficulty I'm seeing is getting the paint into the gun. Unless you want a big Q-loader or hopper on there you'll probably have to find a way to switch the mag over to the right side and then get it to spring feed somehow.
Spyder MR Series Red Dot
Java Gravity Fed Hopper; Camo Duct tapped
Modded MR1/MR2 Stock
Old 03-10-2009, 06:18 PM

I actually just finished a mod to a brand x-gle gun to try this out. looks badass.

will post some pics in a little bit. hold on...

Last edited by mojobang : 03-10-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:23 PM

Here we are. I know it's not an MR1, (please don't shoot!) but I will be doing the same to one when I get another one soon. This is one just for a proof of concept.

I was going to do an E11, but the thing looked so good as a Sterling, I just stopped. This way I can play a Brit in a WWII game too, and save the MR1 for the Star Wars project...basically I could do anything with this just by changing it some... grease gun, Tec-9, STEN...whatev...

this is a good design guys...if you haven't looked at the specs, i seriously recommend you do.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 AM
20+ years in paintball... we all need FNGs

COol . looks good, Mojo.
Q-loader SP8 mod
ACP mr1 terminus bolt
Palmer female stab w/Lapco vertical ASA
wooden grips and stock
MR2 (w/o eyes):
8" barrel
expansion chamber
Palmer stab
Q-Loaded! SP-8 mod
ACP mr2 terminus bolt
Dboys SIR shroud
Old 03-11-2009, 06:07 AM

Thanks! It was your barrel shroud that gave me the idear, Sonik! Yours looks real slick!

I'm gonna change the pics later this afternoon to some newer ones; it was too dark inside at night, and the pics came out underexposed....will redo later. was trying to get a few in the memory before the batts died...