Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Show Your MR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunithrayin View Post
Is that just camo duct tape?
Yep. I just got a roll at walmart for like 4 bucks. It works pretty good except on the front grip the colours comming off the tape but i got lots more. I also did my hopper in that, i'll do the rest of the gun soon once i get my red dot on.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
MR1 Owner

yeah I did my hopper with the same stuff. It's ok but it doesn't stick very well so I have to keep pushing it all back on.
Spyder MR Series Red Dot
Java Gravity Fed Hopper; Camo Duct tapped
Modded MR1/MR2 Stock
Old 12-10-2008, 05:36 PM

I havn't had problem with mine sticking, just with the colours comming off it.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:29 AM
New Guy

Howdy all,
This is my first marker. I have only taken it out once because I'm in university but I have tried to upgrade it when I had free time. I got tons of useful info here and at some other forums and I feel it's pretty good for what it is. I just wanted a solid semi auto gun for woodsball that wouldn't break the bank but which I could customize. I first got the whole kit practically new off ebay for $115 shipped (20 oz CO2, remote, cheap mask & gloves, 4-pod belt with pods, 1000 practice balls and squeegee). Then I got a OPB clamping feedneck, ACP delrin bolt, MR handle, 16" Smart Parts tactical barrel, Ricochet AK hopper, 45 mm red/green dot and Rap4 offset and spring kit (which I have not needed yet). I lined the hopper with neoprene to silence it when running. I still want to put a set screw in the handle to tighten up the action of the trigger and make a simple gun ghillie. Call me crazy but I think it looks badass!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 AM
New Guy

How about front and back shots too?

Old 12-12-2008, 04:33 PM
<<< my friend's idea of good camouflage...

nice, looks good man, by the way, if I'm not mistaken, is that a smart parts tactical barrel? how's that thing treating you? Ive been thinking about getting one for my mr2, but a 20" barrel.

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
-One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page
Old 12-12-2008, 08:25 PM

I bought a new red/green dot today, just got an updated pic. My hopper wont fit on my gun with the sight there, which i knew before i bought it but im just trying to decide what style mount i want.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:26 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natman View Post
How about front and back shots too?

What offset sight thingy did you use I was thinking about having a similar set up and I am not shure it will all fit and give me a clear sight picture.

MR-1
Evolution 3
30mm red dot
Spyder raiser
Trinity T lock
Old 12-13-2008, 07:26 AM
New Guy

interceptorMR2:
The 16" Smart Parts works quite well, the accuracy is good in the sense that the paintball trajectory is consistent. It does curve off to the right, but always the same way so aiming is pretty easy. Mind you I have only put about 1200 (cheap) balls through it so far. I still need to dial in the red dot sight and that might never even work because it's offset so much.

From everything I have read, any barrel longer than 16" is a waste of air. There's increased friction in getting the paintball to leave the barrel, which means your gas has to expand more. So to get the same velocity, you need to use up more air for each shot. That might not bother some people though, but a long barrel is also more difficult to manoeuver with. If there are forts or buildings where you play, the extra length is a liability. I intend to bring my stock 12" barrel for such cases and take off the stock if I know I'm going to storm the castle.

GR34: that's a RAP4 offset and the Sypder MR series handle/rail. I have to say that it *just* fits with the hopper. If it was 1/4" to the right, there would be problems! But my sight is 45mm, most of them are 30mm or square, like velocity 1221.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natman View Post
interceptorMR2:
GR34: that's a RAP4 offset and the Sypder MR series handle/rail. I have to say that it *just* fits with the hopper. If it was 1/4" to the right, there would be problems! But my sight is 45mm, most of them are 30mm or square, like velocity 1221.
Mine fits like i have it in the pic but the only problem is i cant get the elbow for my hopper on...

i thought about getting this style mount:
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/dua...nt-p-4225.html
at the bottom of the page theres a pic of it on the mr1, im just wondering how well the back mount fits behind the bolt, when i look at mine theres not much room.

heres a pic of the clearance..