Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Did I wreck my board?

So i was playing on saturday and my gun was being really retarded. This was my 3rd time using the gun and I was getting set up and noticed my baterry was dead. So I was like oh well ill just put in my spare enigizer. So I put it into the gun and everything seemed fine. The gun was working fine for the first little bit. But then I started having problems during the game. Im not sure what happened, my gun never chops balls so I dont know why it was happening but it wasnt letting me shoot. I was pulling on the trigger and it just wasnt shooting. So I was like looking to make sure there was a ball in the chamber, and there was. I checked to make sure my eyes were on. And they were. So I turned the eyes off and it shot a couple I think but everytime I pulled the trigger it wasnt shooting. It would shoot like 1 out of 5 of my "clicks". So I reasembled the gun. Cleaned it out and it was working fine again. Then the next game same thing happened again. All I know Is I saw paint in my feedneck from braking a ball. (Note this gun has never broke a ball for me before until that day. It has eyes.) So I brought the gun home and was just clicking it by itself not air or balls in the gun. I was just doing 1 shot at a time and its doing the same thing. Sometimes it will shoot when I pull the trigger and sometimes it wont. I take off the battery cover to see if any paint or anything is in there, and not that I can see. I dont know whats going on with my gun. The manual said only use 9.5 volt spyder batterys. Could the 9v Enegizer messed with the board?? I need some knowledge please.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Did I wreck my board?

The standard 9 volt does not have enough energy to run the gun properly. That is what the problem sounds like.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:24 PM

I know but I was using my 9.5volt and was having the same problem as before So I dont understand.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
New Guy

We know it has eyes, but were they on? If they were maybe its the loader/hopper.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:10 PM

Right now my gun is working but it goes in and out of these stages. Like I said it was giving me the same problems without air or balls in the gun. Im 99% sure its not the hopper because its gravity fed. The gun wont work after I walk the trigger for a while. And it works again after I open up the circuit board (Take the cover off to see if there is anything wrong) and turn it off and on.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:17 AM
sparky81

Charge the battery for 6-8 hours.

Everything You Want To know About a VS Series Gun

Free The WM3

www.our-kot.com Paintball Forums * We are the Heroes of Hypocrisy
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Mr. Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh81
Charge the battery for 6-8 hours.
Start there because all the problems you are stating can come from a low battery.
  • 14" Powerlyte Scepter Kit
  • Pure Energy 48/3000

Sonix Pro - Black/Silver
  • Halo B
  • Trinity T-lock Feedneck
  • 14" Progressive
  • Psycho Ballistics drop
  • Pure Energy 48/3000

Feedback
Old 11-07-2007, 12:14 PM
^_^Leet Sauce^_^

the answer to your problem is very simple..all you have to do is recharge the battery that came with your gun for 6-8 hours and give it another try to see if the problem continues and if it doesn't then you know what the problem was.
Kingman Tadao Board w/Upgrade
CP Reg/Adaptor/2k5 On/Off ASA
NDZ Clamping Feedneck
Polished Internals
Old 11-10-2007, 10:34 PM

So I did as everyone told me I recharged the battery and played again today. Guess what same problem. My gun was working fine at the begining and then after the first game or so I started getting problems. It starts as gradual. First its just a couple shots that dont fire, then its more then half and then im lucky to get 1 shot out of 50 clicks. So I tryed changing the modes. Tryed turning the gun on and off. Tryed turning the eyes off. Nothing. Nothing works. What is up?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:59 AM
sparky81

How long was it between charging your gun and using it? If you charge it for the 6-8 hours and don't use it for 4-5 days the battery will be almost drained.

Everything You Want To know About a VS Series Gun

Free The WM3

www.our-kot.com Paintball Forums * We are the Heroes of Hypocrisy