Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If this became an actual law, would you be for or against it?
For, it will cut down crime/decrease paintball's bad rep. 6 26.09%
Against, its completely stupid and won't work. 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: poll/open ended survey:

yeah, i knew that there were some loop holes, and more keep popping up, but its too late for me to start over. no one outside the paintball community is really going to notice the little things, so i'll just run with it and find out how my teachers sees it when i turn it in.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
one ball at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper
thanks guys, keep em coming!

care to elaborate?

oh, and if i decide to quote some of you guys for my essay, does anyone have a problem with me pm'ing you for a full name?
go for it
I'm sure no one would have a problem with that
Old 11-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Spyder Vet

Just what America needs, another black market/underground item.
These colors will never run.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Grammar Nazi in training

i'm for it. i think it's a good way to keep paintballers from getting into paintball-related trouble and keep the paintball reputation clean.

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 11-03-2007, 06:28 PM
THE GAME

I'm with marv, regulating purchases with the police station gives an instant turn off making it look like there is serious danger in the product itself. If store owners had ab association that used a contract before purchase that required users to sign saying they won't use it for illegal actions then had the association sue the buyer if they get caught vandalizing for breach of contract i think that would be fine. Government intervention = not ok, in my mind. Regulation of a product that is statistically shown as not a significant source of danger FOR OTHERS is too close to fascism
Old 11-06-2007, 10:44 AM
don't let your meat loaf

I think that paintball had a hard enough time getting out of the "Its a weapon or same as a real gun" phase back in the 80's and 90's. To institute some sort of background check would only put the sport in jeopardy of being banned. New Jersey didn't change their laws until '87 to reflect that paintball guns were not firearms.

I voted no.

PBNTrust
Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_Bravo
Just what America needs, another black market/underground item.
Thats true... it would be replicated like ID's are... This would require people to know whats a fake and what isn't...

...I say no... but I voted yes by mistake. Heh.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 11-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I'm not for it, because I don't think it will cut down on crime, nor would it increase the good thoughts on paintball. I just think that because we use "guns" and the attitudes of many of the players are detrimental to the well being of the sport, we'll never gain the status we want. I started a thread a couple weeks ago about turning the sport more into a "league" type sport that would do more for building the sport up, IMO.

However, I also don't think it's a stupid idea, and it possibly could work given that it's handled by someone with a LOT of time on their hands...and that someone may need to have a whole team of someone's to help him/her do such a thing.

But, it seems that, at least on this forum, we've seen something wrong with the sport and have opened dialogues into solving that problem. This is a good first step!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

yeah, i talked to my teacher about it today, and pretty much all the loopholes that were mentioned became part of my counter argument, so its a Rogerian essay now, and i think it actually works better. turns out my teacher's niece and nephews play, so she knows a little about it because she's bought them gear for christmas, but she knew nothing about the assaults and vandalism.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 11-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Finally!!!

If registration laws for firearms didn't make a tangible difference in gun related crime, what makes anyone think that registering paintball markers will make a difference. It's a beuracratic (sp) waste of time and money. All it will do is make it a bigger pain in the ass for law abiding citizens. Those that intend on or are just stupid enough to misuse paintball markers will end around any legislation, just like those that misuse guns do. Had to go NO on the poll, reasoning...people are stupid and do stupid things and unfortunately there is not much we can do about it except shake are heads and wonder WTF where they thinking.
Family Photo
My Feedback