Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Kaibil

Default Need Help, Tourney comming up.

Well, as the title says, I NEED HELP!

I was at practice (sunday) and finally they got the field layout of a tourney I was waiting for.

So the owner of the field just bought a NPPL field (phew finally, 1ts NPPL field here in guatemala )

Well, the layout is gonna be the boston one (2007). Well I didnt care that much, but when he told me "we are going to make a lil twist, we're playin that layout, but its gonna be 5 man ......so yeah, I need a lil help cause playing with 5 guys in a 7man field, its gonna be hard.

So far i gat some links, but, I really dont know what to do just with 5 guys. So if you can tell me some suggestions of plays, breakouts, and stuff...

Here's some links I'm using:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tour...s/field1.shtml

Thx in advance

Last edited by mv540 : 10-31-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Kaibil

Default Re: Need Help, Tourney comming up.

cmon, anybody?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Banned

wel i'd have the backmen take the corner, 2 frontmen take the snake type things and a mid covering one of the snakes

just something i came up with.
always wanted to try it
just try new things, find out what work.
if you get owned one game, try a different location
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Has Been

is there any way that you can get the image bigger?
if you can ill show you what id do

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Kaibil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy
is there any way that you can get the image bigger?
if you can ill show you what id do
aight!!! I mean its hard, cause its gonna be 5 man.... check the warpig link, the 3d field layout help me a lil bit.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Spyder Addict

oh god I don't like this field..... have one of your guys get to the mini snake like thing closest to you. have the back man play at one of the cans close to you, have someone take the dorito, and have someone else take the dorito snake thing that is at the top of the picture. Sorry I can't decide where to have you put the other guy..... I am talking about the image you posted in the post before mine.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Kaibil

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray and pray
oh god I don't like this field..... have one of your guys get to the mini snake like thing closest to you. have the back man play at one of the cans close to you, have someone take the dorito, and have someone else take the dorito snake thing that is at the top of the picture. Sorry I can't decide where to have you put the other guy..... I am talking about the image you posted in the post before mine.

thx man, yeah I was thinking, that the snake and the dorito side its gonna be key in the hole game, maybe de spike its gonna be important too. but meh...just 5 guys, cant figure it out....yet, heh.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Has Been

The yellow is where id suggest to break out too... if there are yellow dots thats like an option, depending on where people feel comfortable. Im not sure if you have anyone super fast, so i didnt put anyone going 'long'

The light blue boxes are where i feel that you definatly need to 'capture'
or get. If you get all 3 of those, you should win the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

I'd go with Hossy's idea or something very close to it. More field coverage you get, more likely you'll win. So what Hossy did is pretty accurate.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Public Enemy #1

I had a whole thing written up but I accidentally hit back.

Everyone should hit there primaries, with the corners runnin and gunnin and the orange guy laning towards the snake. The purple guy might be able to run and gun, but him and gold should just run. Gold should move to the 50 dorito quick and kill people, while magenta holds down his tape. Orange guy should keep his gun focused on the dorito side and protect 50 dorito from bunkers down the tape. Purple guy should shoot towards the dorito and the dorito corner. Once he eliminates one, or gets an opening, he can move to the guitar pick at the 50 and hold down the snake. Orange guy can move as he feels the need, but should protect the dorito as long as there's people on the dorito tape. Reddish guy can move into snake if he feels he can make a kill from there as he's got an angle on dorito corner, but if that guys done he can try to haul ass to the 50 snake and get into the doll house.

Key bunkers: 50 Dorito(has great angles on the field), Guitar pick(can hold down the snake and keep people out of it)

Don't send someone snake off the break unless you are seeing that no one is burning it off the break. If its open, send someone there, but you should expect people to shoot the snake off the break. If he thinks he can make it, the aztec guy could even run to the guitar pick off break. He could also bump into 50 snake instead of bumping to the guitar pick, but if they get someone into the guitar pick, he's gonna be limited to shoot tape.

You are gonna want to shoot out people on the dorito side so that you can move up that side. When the dorito side drops, you can push it hard. Also when you make a big move on that side, it'll almost always open up the snake side to make a big move right afterwards. When the guy moves to 50 dorito, guns will look that way, which allows the reddish corner to run up the field to 50 snake.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!

Last edited by timmyshoota : 11-04-2007 at 03:45 PM.