Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007, 08:38 PM
New Guy

Default Click click click shoot shoot click click click

So i made the mistake of buying an MR3 off of ebay. The guy claimed it shot fine. Its got a scenario dream board in it. When I press the trigger in the various modes it clicks away happily. I was really excited, took it out to the spot I play to test fire it.

What's this? Click click click click as I press the trigger in response mode. No firing. I turn off the eyes and try again click click click click in auto mode. No firing. I try tilting it to the side, click click click SHOT SHOT click click click click. I managed to get about 6 shots off in 45 minutes of trying.

I'm an electro newb. I honestly don't know what might be wrong with my gun. The (what i assume from the manual) coil set jumps a little bit with each click, and it looks like a little thin brass washer inside of it spins around. I hope this made sense.

Can anyone help? I've done it it every mode with no eyes so even if the eyes were funked up, it should still shoot, and why would it shoot occasionally when i turned it to the side. I've checked the connections in the grip, could something be loose or something somewhere else?

Thanks guys
Old 10-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Default Re: Click click click shoot shoot click click click

are you using the java 9.6v? or just a regular 9v? also have you tired fresh batteries,

maybe the board just needs to be set, take it to a paintball store and see if the guy there can help you, upgrade boards usually have adjustments you can tweak with, like eye logic or dwell time. Maybe the board is fine and needs some adjusting, send an email to the guys in scenario dreams, they are very helpful.

or a wire could be loose or something,
Old 10-16-2007, 03:46 AM
New Guy

did you change your main spring out for a new one yet
Old 10-16-2007, 06:37 AM

Respected, period.

I think chnk's first idea is right, sounds like the battery to me. Try changing/recharging that. If that doesn't work let us know and we will explore other options.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 10-16-2007, 11:06 PM
New Guy

When I got the gun, there was a normal 9v in there, but the battery was dead. So I popped in the 9.6v red rechargeable spyder battery. Can it have enough voltage to make the board work yet not fire the gun?

I haven't changed out any springs, due to the fact that I'd have to order them online and the closest thing I've got to a paintball shop is a counter at a hunting store with a couple of tippmans and a CO2 tank. (I'm in Montana right now but will be moving back to DC in a month).

Thanks guys
Old 10-17-2007, 04:32 AM
New Guy

Contact the guy who you bought it from and check and see if he did any thing to the spring. As for the battery if you let it charge for about 8 hours it should be fully charged.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:19 PM
New Guy

So I found a little more information out. I found a guy who knows a bit about electros and he took a look at it. He squeezed the trigger and the solenoid clicked happily away, then he cocked the gun and it made a dull click and wouldn't fire. He pressed on the solenoid and it forced the gun to decock.

He said he thinks the capacitor may be going bad. I tried putting a penny behind the solenoid and everytime I cocked it, squeezing the trigger would make it fire. However, i hooked up some air and the thing went on autopilot, shooting nonstop until i cut the air off.

I'm going to see whats involved in popping the original spyder board back in and try that out.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Mountian Dew sponsored

do that, then call the scenario dreams guy and see if they can fix it or send you a new board
Old 11-27-2007, 10:58 AM
New Guy

Use a dime...
I have/had the exact same problem... It took a penny to figure out the problem, but a dime to fix it and make it work reliably. (its hard to tell but a dime is just a wee bit thiner then a penny and it makes it the perfect size: dumb luck eh?)
Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

If the capacitor is going bad - it'll be bulging at the top and or bottom and possibly even leaking goo out.. If its not doing any of those things, it should be ruled out.

Try a fresh 9v (like a duracell or something) and see what happens, also try recharging the battery for 8 hours or so as someone else said.

If all else fails -> use the dime.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE