Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2005, 07:39 AM
New Guy

Unhappy Electra bolt will not lock back

I just bouight my son a new spyder electra ACS for christmas. It worked fine on christmas day, but a few days later the bolt would not lock back to the rear. The battery has a full charge and the tank is full. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what can I do to fix it.
Thank you.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: Electra bolt will not lock back

well .. all i can think of right now .. is that the trigger's not on correctly ... or you dissassembled your gun .. that day and didn't put it in right ...

I'v heard some problems like this before .. and it was from assembling it funny.. once i hard the striker buffer was in front of the striker rather than behind it ...

It also could be that on your trigger ... the sear's not keeping the striker in place.. but i wouldn't know why it would do that ...

Just post back and .. tell me what you did with the gun ... it'd make it a little bit easier
Old 12-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Spyder Addict

is the trigger frame tightend to the gun well? you could have lost the sear spring also. I dont see how the striker buffer would cause it to not catch.....but yes, more info please and welcome to the forums.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Marine Corps.

well .. it wouldn't let it cock .. cuz it was like this ..
striker buffer > striker > spring > striker spring guide > Flat disk > Plug

Rather than ...
striker > striker buffer > spring > striker spring guide > Flat disk > Plug

And this caused the striker to move back farther ... not allowing the sear to catch on the striker ...
Old 12-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad0131065
I dont see how the striker buffer would cause it to not catch.....but yes, more info please and welcome to the forums.
if the bumper is in front he won't be able to completely open up the valve and in turn you have less gas to push your striker back.

Super Duper Feedback
Old 12-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Sprayin and Prayin.

if that stuff dosent work ( it should ) try streching out your spring this shouldnt be the problem because its new.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Marine Corps.

.... well if even all of that doesn't work .. just email kingman .. they should be able to fix it for you for ..probably free since it's new .. unless you did something to damage it .. but kingman proably wouldn't care ... The should be able to help you most likely .. if they can't they'd probably just send you a new gun
Old 12-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Indian

Humm this should be a simple problem but i dunno sometimes weird things happend to spyders...
Ok ima gunna give you a list of things to do if you follow them right it should get your sons spyder back in working order.
1. Take all internals out of you gun (striker, bolt, etc)
2. Unscrew the ASA (place were your tank goes), well take the screws off
3. now take off the trigger frame (only two screws but be sure not to loose the wasers because in some cases if you do lose the washers you will have problems with the striker attacking the screws when they are fastened into the gun tightly)
4. Now that everything is out you should have all of this stuff lying outside of your marker. (Bolt, Striker, Striker buffer, Spring, Spring Guide, Velocity Adjuster, pin for Velocity Adjuster, small Disks that go inside Velocity Adjuster, trigger frame, screws for frame and ASA)
5. Now put the bolt and striker back together and put them into the marker (make sure that the front end of the striker (the part with the o-ring) is facing foward toward the valve assembily)
6. If you want u can put the striker buff back into the marker. Althoguh it realy isnt an important part to the gun, but you can put it in if you feel like it.
7. Now put the disk into the Velocity Adjust
8. Put the spring into the striker(already inside the marker), then put the spring guide into the spring.
9. Put the Velocity adjuster in the marker and secure it with the Velocity Adjuster pin
10. Lastly put the trigger frame on and besure you did not loose any of the washers lol. then put you ASA back on.

Now your free to air it up is should fire and recock fine... if not you can E-mail me at thechubbss12@yahoo.com or AIM me at thechubbss12

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!