Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Bird Of Prey in de house

Default My electra hates me????

I got an 05 electra, and I've noticed that I can't get much field time out with it, I'm always ending up playing with my tippmann b/c my electra always messes up.
Ok, so here is my setup
05' Electra
CP 14 inch barrel
Halo B hopper
20oz Tank

Ok, so I get out there, its around 50-60F usually when I go, not real warm. I always end up chopping so much, like seriously every ball I shoot out of my electra chops it up, sprays, and then i find all my gun/hopper with broken paintballs. Just wondering what you guys would think is wrong I've tried multiple different kinds of paint. I do have the ACS since it comes standard.
I'm thinking its either bad paint (need winter grade) or maybe its the co2? Im not sure, any help is appreciated.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Weeeee!

I would have to blame it on the ACS bolt. What I would do is put a barrel swab in the feedneck and dry fire a few 100 times to break in the bolt or if you are so inclined chuck the bolt in the garbage and pick up a new bolt. Something Delrin or self lubricating.

If the paint is breaking in the barrel I would blame the paint but if it is getting up in your hopper I would think it is your bolt.

Another culprit to test is if you have ball bobble or if the balls are being shot back up in your hopper but considering you have a Halo B I highly doubt that.

Do you know if your Halo has the Zcode or antijam? One way to test this is to stick your finger in there and see if it stopps revolving and starts blinking red. If it doesn't then you should invest in a new board for the Halo.

Hope this all helps and welcome to the boards.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:04 PM
wat

I would go with what dre said, (all of it), but mostly the ACS bolt..I would break it in because that is a very common problem people have with the ACS when they dont break in the spring.

Also, where are you storing the paint before play? Always remember to keep it at room temperature, because if it is stored in your car or outside the night before you play, it will be very brittle the next day.

Welcome to the boards, and hope that helps a little bit.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Marine Corps.

actually .. i thought the paint stays brittle if it's kept at cold temperatures .. cuz i remember i left a case of paint in my garage .. and it froze ... then if you drop them on the ground they break ... the shell cracks and it doesn't bounce ... i'v looked at them and i'v waited a while .. and the paint still is brittle so i use it on my wrist rocket :P .. they were diablo scorched too >.< ... very stupid mistake ... but atleast i get 50% discount on all my paint .. luckily ...
Old 12-28-2005, 05:16 PM
ECLIPSE FTW

also be sure that your halo isnt double feeding. maybe try using a gravity feed just in the chrono area shooting very slow and see if it still ball breaks or chops and that will tell you if its your loader or not.

if it is your halo double feeding i would recommend picking up a pair of kila magnetic ball detents. paintballgear.com has them for like 20 bucks, they will fix all the double feeding problems.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Bling Bling Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX
also be sure that your halo isnt double feeding. maybe try using a gravity feed just in the chrono area shooting very slow and see if it still ball breaks or chops and that will tell you if its your loader or not.

if it is your halo double feeding i would recommend picking up a pair of kila magnetic ball detents. paintballgear.com has them for like 20 bucks, they will fix all the double feeding problems.

Shadow,

Is this what you are referring to?

Link to Action Village

If so I may pick up one for my up'd Rodeo.

HacKeR
Old 12-28-2005, 05:31 PM
ECLIPSE FTW

that is infact the one i was referring to. they are very nice and are also adjustable, so you can set the strength of them to how you want them, they also come in silver.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:40 PM
wat

Yeah, Kila detents are very nice for the price. Good for a Spyder and if you have a good force-fed loader (i.e. Halo B), not agitated (i.e. Revvy), I would think they could help any ball wobble/blowback you might have.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Bling Bling Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX
that is infact the one i was referring to. they are very nice and are also adjustable, so you can set the strength of them to how you want them, they also come in silver.

Just added it to my cart... Thanks

HacKeR
Old 12-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Bird Of Prey in de house

Default .

I'm thinking its my halo B. Since I've use my electra with a gravity fed and a revvy b4 with no problems. Would a victory board help?