Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: My brain just melted

baically (i only have a short time, ill explain a little more later). so you should understand the to the 3rd dimension, so the fourth is like a time line, as in if you were to walk around, you would leave behind a trail of yourself through time, the fith dimension, i beleive, you could go back to when you were a child, but you couldnt follow a different path of your life, # 6 is the same as 5, but if you went back to when you were a child, you COULD follow one of your different paths, but you couldnt go from the present to an alternate path you could have taken.

I will finish these later on tonight when i get home, as well as go into a little more detail.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Fluent in Stroll

its physically impossible to fold a piece of paper in half more than 7 times...

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

...get a bigger piece...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper
...get a bigger piece...
try it. fold any piece of paper in half 8 times.

Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian
try it. fold any piece of paper in half 8 times.
ha, that was on Mythbusters. You just can't do it.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

its not a small world after all.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:17 PM
THE GAME

didn't i post this 2 mo. ago marv? http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php orig. link

each creature builds on the others, each one can see within a new dimension as a cutaway, but the next will see the complete dimension

basically 2nd dimensional creatures would see us as infinitely small cutaways of the section that passes through our dimension (theoretically, if a 2d creature could exist)

3d creature is us, we travel through space in all 3 dimensions, but only see a cutaway of time.

4th dimensional creature would would see another dimension of time, the past, so a 4th dimensional creature would notice the path that a particle, and the sum of particles together has taken and where they are now, so hide and seek is no use. these creatures would be able to naturally see the past as it was, without time travel.

5th dimensional creature would see yet another dimension of time, the future according to the current variables, since string theory accepts quantum mechanics, the picture of the future would be continually changing, and each second would lock it into place, it would be like seeing a password cracker at work. these creatures would be able to see the future if waves of probability have no effect on it.

a 6th dimensional creature would see all possible paths of time from the current point in time. They would see the same image as the 5th dimensional creature, but instead of seeing the future change as quantum variables change, they would see all possible futures.

a 7th dimensional creature would be able to see all possible routes from the theoretical beginning of time to the end of time. this would be like the 6th dimensional creature's views but would be including all of the possible fluctuations that could have occurred throughout time, so the past's nonoccurence events will be visible.

an 8th dimensional creature can see all events with the inclusion of all possible creation circumstances. Ie they see universes that could have been, that have different laws of gravitation, relativity, etc.

9th sees what would have been if string theory was not the system the universe occured in.

10th is the dimension 9th dimensional creatures see cutaways of, in order to see all of the 10th dimension one would need to be able to see cutaways of the 11th, which in theory doesn't exist because there is nothing, to our knowledge beyond the constructor setting which string theory would lie in.

i watched it alot.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM
THE GAME

I feel like this is important, since sometimes people will freak out about this.

1. Science is not trying to prove your religion wrong. Science is just reading evidence as it is presented. There is no reason to get pissed/offended. You can be both a scientist and a theist (believe in a god/superior being/superior force)
2. Science states that free will does not exist in the physical world; every action is reaction to a previous action. Please note that just because free will doesn't exist physically doesn't mean that choice can't be described on a metaphysical level. Mentally the existence of free will is important for psychological understanding but it should be noted that chemistry, and physics can account for actions and "choices" without a description of some overcoming force from within that is often referred to as a "soul". This is important to understanding quantum mechanics, chaos theory and string theory.
3. Many beliefs of people are misunderstandings of what a religion is trying to convey. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that it is possible you overlooked something.
4. Religions generally state that their teachings and writings are only inspired by their superior being, not written by him/her/it. They are still written or taught by man, someone who also stated to be flawed. Keep in mind that most writings were at a time when there was no scientific knowledge, and the writers/original teachers could have been rather myopic/and or unable to describe what they were "inspired" with because of their shrunken vocabulary. Literal interpretations are rarely accurate to what a writer was intending on conveying.
5. The factual correctness of a teaching/writing does not have to alter the meaning it conveys.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:57 PM
THE GAME

oh come on guys... i was really looking forward to an intelligent conversation.