Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken

Default Whats so bad about Egos?

well i was talking to some idiot who thinks hes all good at paintball and stuff and he sayed his parents were gonna get him a brand new angel (ill believe it when i see it) and i said im not really an angel fan id take a Dm7 or maybe an ego cause they look cool and he started busting up laughing whats so bad about egos?
Trinity Front Block
Bob Long Gauge

Spyder Fasta
18V LED
Crossfire 68/4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
Have a girl answer the phone sounding all hot and sweaty.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Whats so bad about Egos?

Moved, please pay attention to where you post your threads.

There is nothing wrong with Egos. I love them. They are light, fast and very air efficent. When you get up to the Angel, Ego, DM, Timmy level all the markers are about the same level. Each has its differences but perform about the same. As always it comes down to personal preference.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 09-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Spyder Addict

according to you, he's an idiot. so don't listen to him.

since you find it unlikely his parents will actually buy him an angel, he's most likely a poser with a chronic lying problem who has to ridicule any view other than his own simply to maintain a semblance of control on his otherwise out-of-control life. the anxiety caused by the huge difference between who he really is and who he claims/wants to be causes the out-of-control feeling.

sorry, i just out of class, and we were reading some freud, so i felt like psychoanalyzing a complete stranger who i know almost nothing about, but sounds like other people i know. now what does that say about me? lol

i have no opinion on egos. i've heard good and bad about them, and i've never actually shot one. but going out on a very sturdy limb, i'm going to say it's completely up to personal preference.

you said they look cool... perhaps he was merely ridiculing your taste, and he thinks egos are ugly.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Spyder Addict

ive only held and ego, but from what i felt, it was incredibly light. judging by what ive seen on TV, most players use dms angels shockers and egos on the professional level. ask him what his issue is with egos, if he doesn't give you any sound reasons, blow him off. if he comes up with facts as to why egos arnt good then maybe hes not as full of it as he sounds.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken

srry about where i put this and wow u guys make me laugh
Trinity Front Block
Bob Long Gauge

Spyder Fasta
18V LED
Crossfire 68/4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
Have a girl answer the phone sounding all hot and sweaty.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Weeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce
ive only held and ego, but from what i felt, it was incredibly light. judging by what ive seen on TV, most players use dms angels shockers and egos on the professional level. ask him what his issue is with egos, if he doesn't give you any sound reasons, blow him off. if he comes up with facts as to why egos arnt good then maybe hes not as full of it as he sounds.
Thats usually due to sponsorship. Eclipse pays a ton of money and provides a lot of sponsorship and free markers to top level players. Dye and Smart Parts does the same to their sponsored pro teams.

Egos are great. Efficient and really easy to manage. I can't say the same for Angels. One I had required an Angel tool set to work on the valve, lpr, ram assembly. With my timmy and dm4 I don't need special tools and can usually tech them fairly quickly. In the end it is all personal preference. I like my DM for sound signature and kick (none, zero, zilch). I love my timmys for their speed and efficiency and not to mention their ease of maintenance. Best bet is when it comes time to buy your high end or upgraded marker to try some out there that you are interested in and ask some questions wo the owner. I find that it is usually easy to talk with folks as they will share what experiences they have with them all the time.

Honestly right now I would probably go with a PMR before I go with anything high end. It will probably function just as good as what is out there and cost a whole lot less.

My rule of thumb though with buying high end markers is this. If it will prevent you from actually playing after buying. It probably wasn't worth it. Any upgrade or gun that keeps you off the field in my opinion is worthless as you get no playtime. Hope this helps.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Public Enemy #1

I hate Egos.

With this being said, I own an Ego.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
I hate Egos.

With this being said, I own an Ego.
reasons?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

The other team we scrimmage with has all 07 Egos and I absolutely love them! I won't ever own one or pay for one but dang there nice!

JB.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnk
reasons?
Cons: Loud, kick like crazy, LCD screens go out for no reason, Optoswitch, Timmy knock-off,

Pros: manifold mounted solenoid

Other than that one pro, I'd take a Timmy all day. I'm gonna get rid of my Ego because I've got a Timmy I'm gonna build to be my backup.