Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Finally!!!

Default First ever Pulse'd/Halo

Well guys call me crazy but I did it, first ever (as far as I know) pulo or maybe halse, ah screw it I'll come up with a good name later. Important thing is that it works great. All the benefits of the pulse in the rugid and most importantly replaceable shell of the halo b, combined with the excellent electronics of the pulse. Sync'd mode is sick, far faster than any halo board on the market, and as soon as predator gets around to releasing the cheetah v10 board we'll see about that as well. The pulse elctronics combined w/the rip drive provides crazy fast consistant feed-rates, even with reballs, which had always given my angry halo fits before. Plus I don't have to worry about the feedneck failing on me again, if I happen to break my suicide shell (which is very unlikely) I can actually buy another one, and not have to deal with the b.s. of sending my entire loader in for yet another shell and waiting 3 to 4 weeks for it to get back. Here are some pic's of the final product, looks like a regular halo w/the exception of the motor reverse button and black pulse board.

video soon to follow.
Now yeah I know, WTF right, why take 2 good loaders and make one really good loader. Well reason 1; unless I am mistaken DXS's suit is not going to be settled anytime soon and if the rumors are true they are holding all pulse's sent back for repair, which means if you break a shell, etc. your SOL.
Reason 2; I love the RF sync mode and believe it is the best thing to hit paintball in a long time. And reason 3; What the Hell why not!!!
Family Photo
My Feedback

Last edited by MVS1 : 09-03-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:55 PM

Respected, period.

Default Re: First ever Pulse'd/Halo

Pretty sweet. I look forward to seeing it in action.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 09-04-2007, 03:54 AM
Bling Bling Bling

very cool... Cant wait to see if working.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:04 AM
*Offical Gun Whore*

I thought about something like that a while back but didnt give it much thought after. Nice Job!! How long did it take you?
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
Old 09-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Finally!!!

Here's a quick vid on my A1 with reballs...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RUHOVwT-7U
will get a vid with paint as soon as I can.
Took about 3 hours to do once I decided on where to place everything.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 AM
*Offical Gun Whore*

Hmmm.......I was looking to buy another halo if I did would u do th mod for me? How much would it cost? pm me
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
Old 09-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

So the pulse board is running the stock halo parts or are the pulse internals in the shell also?

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 09-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Finally!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS3 Sniper
Hmmm.......I was looking to buy another halo if I did would u do th mod for me? How much would it cost? pm me
That depends on what you have on hand, unfortunately you can't buy the pulse components individually so you would have to gut a pulse for the speed control, motor reverse, main boards, motor and wiring harness, which if you have a pulse with a busted shell/feedneck that's not really a problem. All you need from the Halo is the shells and the raceway cup. The drivetrain (both gear drive sprockets, belt, motor) are pretty much identical, and I didn't try the pulse's cone on the halo's rip shaft, but will do that tonight over a couple of beers just to see if it works as well. Going to try and get some more pics posted tonight of the internals as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddytaco
So the pulse board is running the stock halo parts or are the pulse internals in the shell also?
Actually used all of the pulses electronics with the halo's mechanics. I looked at the drive sprockets to see if there was a difference b/t the shocktech's kit that was in my halo vs. the pulse's and as far as I could tell they were identical so I stuck with the halo's sprockets.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 09-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Finally!!!

Well guys yet again I am not as smart as I thought I was. Shortly after posting this on PBN (I know how could I) I was notified that I was one month too late to honestly claim "The first-ever" Pulsed Halo. That's cool it still was absolutely worth doing...Anyways here's some more stuff...
Here is a pic with the left half of the shell off, you can see where I opened up the battery compartment a little, the speed control board and the white blur on the left is the power cable, I used a male connector (taken from a wall charger I had laying around unused) so that I didn't have to alter the stock pulse's female power connector plug...and the wires that I extended, little more than neccessary but its better to have too much than not enough.

I also put a quick video together showing the sync'd op demo'n the operation with the rip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egOJCrQh1IU I don't want to hear any flames, I know I'm old, with a receeding hairline and generally lame so keep it to yourself

I'll try and through together a detailed how-to with pics, maybe even a video, as well as a vid shooting a hopper full of paint as soon as I get a chance.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 09-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

LAME!!!!!!!! and wow your really old and your hairline is receeding.

lol j/k buddy

I wouldn't mind giving this a try to test it out but I need two loaders since one is usually on loan. I am interested to see a video with real paint.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........