Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Unhappy I have a prayer request.

Well... today was going great, I was at my friends lake house and having tons of fun. Then it came time to come home. My phone was dead on the way home so I had no idea of the voicemail that awaited me when I arrived and set it to charge.

I listened to the voicemail and on it my sister Rebecca (Recovering alcoholic and drug abuser) was explaining that she needed someone to talk to and that she was buzzed. She then proceeded to explain why she was of her current state. My niece Chloe (11 years of age) was rushed to the hospital yesterday due to vomiting and passing out. Her father (very good father at that) when taking her to the hospital to see the pediatrician, found out first. The pediatrician sent them to the ER at a larger hospital and on his arrival at the larger hospital found out that his daughter (my niece) has type one diabetes.

Her blood sugar level was over 900. It is suppose to be around 100... "She was minutes away from death," the doctors said.

Apparently she is doing better and is starting to be able to eat... but her sugar level is still very high and she is still very weak. It is at around 500 now and she needs prayer that her sugar level will go back to normal and for her recovery. Chloe's life is already very difficult (with my Rebecca and her husband being divorced, Chloe having emotional problems and some more things that I do not wish to put forth at this time) and she doesn't need this. She's always been a fragile child...

I also found out that my girlfriends pet died after having it for 3 years and she's also distraught.

If you all could pray for Chloe and her recovery, Rebecca and her drinking/drug abuse problem and that she doesn't get back into it, and for me that I don't lose it tomorrow when I go to visit her, I would be much obliged.

Thank you everyone.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 08-23-2007, 07:47 PM
one ball at a time

Default Re: I have a prayer request.

I wish you and them the best of luck
everything will work out just you wait and see
Old 08-23-2007, 08:27 PM
12/26/03

Im about ot go to sleep but ill pray for y'all, buddy.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
*Offical Gun Whore*

U have my thoughts and prayers. My first cousin's name is also Rebecca ( though she goes by her first name). She has struggled with drugs/drinking since she was 13. So I know what ur going through just know that everything happens for a reason and all things work out in the end. Please wish them the best of luck and know they are in my prayers.
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 PM
wat

You and your niece be in my prayers tonight. And I don't know if you would find comfort in the Bible, but if you want some good word to read when you're down, read Psalms. Especially the early chapters. They've gotten me through this first week of school.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken

you guys are in my prayers
Trinity Front Block
Bob Long Gauge

Spyder Fasta
18V LED
Crossfire 68/4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
Have a girl answer the phone sounding all hot and sweaty.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS3 Sniper
U have my thoughts and prayers. My first cousin's name is also Rebecca ( though she goes by her first name). She has struggled with drugs/drinking since she was 13. So I know what ur going through just know that everything happens for a reason and all things work out in the end. Please wish them the best of luck and know they are in my prayers.
Yeah, my sister has been going through it since she was 17 and had an abusive boyfriend that would choke her, knock her out, rape her and force her to do things she didn't want. (She is now 32 and still going through the drug problems and problems with boyfriends)

Thank you everyone.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 08-24-2007, 08:22 PM

Update on Chloe.

She is down to 150 now (from 999) blood sugar count and is feeling a little better. She can talk now but is still weak. She'll be discharged tomorrow.

Quote:
Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Spyder Addict

you got it
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 08-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Finally!!!

great news about your niece, will keep her, your sister and you in my prayers during this difficult time.
Family Photo
My Feedback