Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Paintball Tournaments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

Default First Tourney!

i'm going to my first tourney with my team, the warriors (how original. lol. didnt name it). we are going to jungle cats paintball in juneau, WI. the tourney is comin up this saturday. I'M SO PSYCHED! any advice on strategys (sp?). i will rpolly be playing mid and maybe snake. it is a center flag type turney with a points format to figure out the winner. wish me luck! thanx in advance for all the advice (if i get any. jp )

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 08-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Finally!!!

Default Re: First Tourney!

3 man or 5 man? be sure and bring a couple back up markers, loaders and air tanks, no matter how many times you function test before the tourny, something always goes wrong. other than that run fast, shoot straight and have fun!
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 PM
*Offical Gun Whore*

Yea what mvs1 said. Bring plenty of paint. Talk to ur teammates when ur in a game don't just sit there. Make sure to move up if possable . Don't be afraid to get shot. Have lots of fun.
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
Old 08-06-2007, 04:54 AM
Epic Spyder

remember to snap in and out so you have a less chance of being hit.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

it's a 3 man. i have 2 markers, 2 tanks, 2 goggles, 3 hoppers (or i will once i get my revvy), and i will prolly take about 2000 orunds. if i start running low, i will use my stick feed and my homemade tubes (i dont like the tubes that much). i wont be afraid to get hit cuz i've been hit at close range before (i went to bunker someone, and we exchanged shots [i hit him twice but they bounced]) i do snap shoot alot, and i absolutely LOVE to yell (in my football games, i'm the one in the defensive huddle pumpin em up) they will prolly hear me good . in the center-flag type of play, you want to eliminate the other team first and THEN get the flag right?(i think that's how the pros do it). cuz i know that the flag is worth more points.

Quote:
DONT GET HIT
Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Epic Spyder

Do you get points for shooting the flag down? Oh ya another thing 2 guys suppress enemy 1 go for flag. You can end the game quick using this strategy, but make sure your backman can shoot fast to keep the enemy down. Use this tactic once in desperation! Don't use it you first match because if you do it again in another match your opponents will get the person going for the flag.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I've played in tournaments where they gave half the points of a game for just getting the flag first. In those games, don't try to shoot everyone out first - go for the flag! Half the points keeps you in the tournament.

If it's worth much less than that (like in most tournaments) people just shoot everyone out first because they just can't get to the flag with everyone still in.

1. Go to have fun. PERIOD. Tournaments got too much like a job to me when it stopped being fun.

2. Walk the field WITH YOUR TEAM. Go to each bunker and see what angles you have on other bunkers or what angles the other team will have on you when you're in that bunker. Figure out which bunkers you HAVE to make and keep, and those you need to stay away from. Walking the field will help since you don't have the luxury of learning by getting shot out a dozen times!

3. Develop a strategy. Then stick with it until it stops working. Figure out why it stopped working, and develop a new one!

4. Communicate, communicate, communicate. Don't just say you're loud. A lot of the times, it's the other person not listening that's the problem. GET THEIR ATTENTION and give accurate, correct information. We had a guy yelling "Left corner, left corner, left corner!" all game, so one of my teammates and I started focusing on that corner, just laying paint down - didn't see anyone, but he kept yelling it. Come to find out, the guy was actually in the RIGHT corner.

5. Shoot around your bunkers, not over the top. Snap shooting is a great skill, but there's a 50 percent chance you will lose a gun battle with another person. Don't gun battle! Get angles...

6. Have fun!

7. Shake the other team's hands after the game is over. I don't care what you youngsters say these days, it is JUST a game and should be treated like one. Be a good sport about it! (BTW, most tournaments give out Good Sportsmanship trophies. Looks good to sponsors, also!)

Let us know how you did!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Grammar Nazi in training

i agree with all of the things that you guys have said. thanks vike for all of the info. my friend's team is also in it. they have more firepower AND experience than us, but i still think we might have a chance. lol

Quote:
DONT GET HIT
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Kaibil

well, the secret in 3 man, its that 2 guys focus on one opponent ("x"), and your 3rd guy triyng to contain the other 2 opponents. Once you eliminate the player "X", focus on another opponent, and so on.

That works for my team all the time.

My team always play with 3 backs. back center and the 2 corners.
normally the back center and one corner focus on the "X" player.

never go with 2 fronts.

have fun!

well thats it for me, hope it helps.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Grammar Nazi in training

thanx for the advice! the tourney is saturday and i am so psyched! if you want to know how we did, i am currently working on a team web site. i will put a link in my sig. it wont be done till sometime next week, tho.

Quote:
DONT GET HIT