Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Default Re: Barrel breaks n' double shooting?

the alamo city bolt is great but if you have a slow hopper like the eggy then it will chop like crazy, but since you have the fasta it shouldnt be a problem

as fo upgrades go, i did a low pressure conversion on my mr2

here is what i did on my mr2,

i have a
custom products short regulator under my foregrip
spring kit,
magnaport valve
acp low blow bolt,
acp derlin striker (DONT GET THE ONE WITH NO O-RINGS ITS ****, get the one with o-rings)
j&j 14 inch barrel
bob long detents
and eggy II(im planning on getting the fasta now)
45/3000 psi steelie hpa tank and a 68/4500 psi carbonfiber tank

with all this its running somewhere between 250 psi and 350 psi i cant really tell cause the regulator has no guage

i plan on getting a tboard with eyes and mill the mr2 body myself for eyes and i was considering on mounting an apex attachment to my j&j, and after that im done =)

i dont use a sling or remote so my set up is really heavy
Old 08-07-2007, 05:31 PM
New Guy

You've def put some work in2 your MR2, sounds pretty sweet. So are you saying the bolt improves accuracy though? What are all the benfits of the bolt and derlin striker? peace
Old 08-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjShaman
You've def put some work in2 your MR2, sounds pretty sweet. So are you saying the bolt improves accuracy though? What are all the benfits of the bolt and derlin striker? peace
the acp low blow bolt im using does not really improve accuracy it gave me about an extra 5 yards, but in those extra 5 yards the paint actually goes to the right a little bit,
all the low blow bolt does is redirect the air going into the bolt more to the ball unstead of going up the feedneck making less blow black thus the name low blow

as for the derlin striker, its just lighter which result in faster cycling and uses less air to move, but get the one with o-rings i bought the oen without o-rings and it gave me nothing but problems, chopping, jamming, recocking, etc

i would not reccomend the derlin striker unless you're going low pressure, cause using the derlin bolt in a high pressure set up will only give you problems (it did for me but it might not for you)

overall the derlin bolt and striker combination will benefit you if you go low pressure because it will allow you to go to lower pressures than the stock bolt and striker
Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 PM
New Guy

ok i see whats up now, thanks for shedding light on the matter. I think i'll stay with the stock bolt set up for now.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjShaman
ok i see whats up now, thanks for shedding light on the matter. I think i'll stay with the stock bolt set up for now.
the acs is a fine bolt i just grew tired of it so i got the acp bolt