Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2007, 06:10 PM
New Guy

Default Barrel breaks n' double shooting?

What's up everyone...I went out 2 play yesterday and I was breaking balls in the barrel and ocassionally 2 balls would shoot out of the marker at the same time with 1 trigger pull. It was the first time I played with my new barrel (j&j ceramic) which seemed 2 clean out nicely. It was also the first time I used the FASTA hopper and it worked awesome! Since I had 2 purchase their paint I opted for Evil paint which is supposed 2 be premium. I usually use Toxic or Elixer which I love. Could my problems have come from the paint I used or the new barrel??? Any advice is appreciated
Old 08-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Default Re: Barrel breaks n' double shooting?

it might be just the double feeding, mr2s have a problem with this, but it can be easily fixed by buying some bob long detents, i bought mine for a dollar, and i haven't double fed yet

glad to hear the fasta worked out good cause my eggy didnt work to good today, so i sat and cleaned out my gun half the time
Old 08-04-2007, 06:32 PM
you wanna mess with me?

good detents will do wonders in this gun. if you have not done so yet you should also break in your acs bolt.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:13 PM
New Guy

Hey thanks 4 tha help...I have read many of the threads 4 weeks now and have learned a lot. I do have the stock black detents which i've read might be fine. I've heard "timmy's" are good, and now your recommending Bob long detents. Outta the box about 6months ago I had the normal chops and breaks people go thru. I thought I was passed that stage....so yeah the bolt is def broken in. Im gonna go back 2 my old paint and research the bob detents. Any other thoughts are welcome
Old 08-04-2007, 07:58 PM
New Guy

so are the "timmy's" and the bob long detents the same??
Old 08-05-2007, 05:46 AM
you wanna mess with me?

yes bob long is the dudes name i think and timmy's or intimidators is the marker he makes. when we say bob long or timmy detents they are the same
Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 AM
New Guy

Good deal, lemme go order some right now!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Confucious say, Man with hole in pocket feel cocky ALL day...

Yeah - That should take care of your prob bro'. I just played this last weekend and had a blast..... until I sheared the timmy detent and was slinging like 4-5-or 6 Pb's with ONE trigger pull!!! I knew what was wrong though. I am using a Halo B Hopper (with V35 Board) and haven't really had any problems with chopping anymore.

On a second note.... How do you like your new J&J barrel? I have been eyeballing that brand but I just don't know if it is necessary.... I only like to upgrade parts on my gun if I can get a performance increase ya know - otherwise it "useless". I have been thinking about the 14" J&J barrel and an Alamo City bolt to try and increase accuracy... I would also have to add some HPA in there as well. I guess I'm just not "sold" on it yet!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:57 PM
New Guy

Well, I ordered some Bob Long detents and they should arrive within the next few days. That should do the trick.

Im with you, I only really like 2 get performance parts, not so much 4 the asthetics. I have 2 say that I went with the j&j 14" cuz of other threads that I read. Everyone was absolutely right!!! It kicks ass!! Since I was breaking balls cuz of my stock detents, I hope...I got 2 see the barrel in action. I would shoot about 5 rounds and the barrel would clean itself out nicely. Def an improvement over the stock barrel as far as accuracy. It's a tiny bit thinner than the stock barrel which works good with the paint that I use. I believe you have 2 look 4 paint that works best with the barrel in my opinion. I hated Evil, but really like elixer and toxic. I think elixer is the best paint i've used so far with the J&J. I also like using a 20 oz Co2 becuase it last so long!! The weight is an issue though. Go with the 14" J&J ceramic barrel. I found it new on ebay shipped 2 my doorstep for $35.

I have 2 tell everyone again how great the FASTA hopper works with the MR2. Shipped new 2 my doorstep $85 on ebay. save yourself the cash from getting a Halo. 230 rounds is awesome capacity, especially while using auto mode.

I would like 2 hear comments about the Alamo City bolt as well??
Old 08-07-2007, 02:28 PM
you wanna mess with me?

another positive on the jj ceramic is that it is much quieter than the stock barrel. (at least mine is, i dont know about other people though)