Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2007, 08:35 AM

Default distance and accuarcy

sorry about all the questions i ask but i am knew to the sport.what can i do to make my gun shoot a little further and more accurate performance wise not like a laser dotted scope or anything and for a barrel should i get a 14",16",18",or 20"?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:54 AM
you wanna mess with me?

Default Re: distance and accuarcy

no more than a 14 inch. anything beyond that is just a waste of air.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

No problem on the questions - that's what we're here for! We all were beginners at one time (some back when bunkers were dino poo and you used slingshots to lob the paint cough*Dragon*Druid*Otter*cough) but they were still beginners!

In answer to your first question - nothing. Aftermarket barrel MIGHT help a bit with efficiency and accuracy, but it won't add distance. Only way to get added distance is to one of two things.

1 -turn your velocity up, but I HIGHLY DON'T RECOMMEND THIS as it's dangerous and illegal at most fields. NEVER SHOOT FASTER THAN THE FIELD'S LEGAL LIMITS or faster than 300 fps as checked by an accurate chronograph (you can't judge this with vision or sound, however, once you are accustomed to shooting a certain speed, sometimes you can "tell" something's not right.. - I digress!) Alsoo, turning velocity up will add to the curvature of the ball's flight path, break paint, use air faster, etc.

2. Flatline or similar barrel - again, I don't recommend it because the distance you get results in slower velocities at those distances.

In answer to your second question, the most popular lengths are 12 and 14 inches. 16 inches won't affect air usage much more than a 14 inch barrel - it's only two inches, for crying out loud! - and is very useful in pushing through undergrowth or wrapping around bunkers to stay tighter. With all day air at most fields anymore, efficiency isn't that much of an issue anyways. But, IMHO, 16-20" barrels are just TOO long...both ugly and not too useful in normal circumstances.

Feel free to ask ANY questions about the sport - we're here to help!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:52 PM

what kind of greese or lube should i use and do i have to greese or lube it be fore a game ( it just came out of a box never been used before )
Old 08-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Dow 33 and/or Gold Cup paintball oil. Or any air tool oil will work as well.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 AM

with a 14" jandj barrel with a apex sight mounted on how far accuratly can the mr2 snipe?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Snipe is a touchy word in paintball in the context that you're using it. Distance is not a factor in paintball. At 300 fps, ALL paint travels the same distance. Also, considering that when a person talks about "sniping" he's usually referring to woodsball, which in this case, is a total misnomer. You CANNOT one shot someone through unbrush and shrubs, so your definition doesn't work.

However, if you meant sniping as in tracking, getting the drop on them, and shooting them with one shot across a clearing, then see my first point. No paintball will travel any further than any other with any better accuracy chronographed at 300 (or less) fps. See flatline/apex barrel for ONLY exception but a losey one at that.

Next, scopes don't matter in paintball. The paintballs are not consistant within the bag it's in, there is not rifling, and the ball is round, not conical. Wind, heat, moisture, distance - all effect the flight path of the ball. You can use a scope to get a general (see wide) bead on your intended target, but 5 out of 10 shots could more than likely go elsewhere...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:55 AM

what is a good paint for 40ish dollars?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Whichever one that fits your barrel correctly. Heat has been pretty decent for me lately.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:27 AM

since we all have the same marker and barrel whaty kind of do you use? and how do i know what is good and bad paint?