Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2006, 03:30 AM
*team peerless*

Default autococker?

i was looking around for some new guns and saw this vertical feed autococker (i know NOTHING about autocockers) and was wondering if anyone knew if auto cocker was a good kind of gun or a piece of ****.

well any help would be great thanks!
Old 02-03-2006, 04:15 AM
Forget Sexy, I'm Back.

Default Re: autococker?

Cockers are a hit or miss gun. Not everyone will like them, they can be a little hard to learn but once you do maintaining them is easy. However if you dont learn to maintain them than it will not preform good and seem like a P.O.S to you.

Best option like always, is to try one out and see how you like it.

you better love what you do or there is no use doing it.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:53 PM
shake shake shake shake shake shake

cockers are great. they are simple once you understand how they work. i suggest picking up a used one because they sell for really cheap now
Old 02-03-2006, 02:40 PM
10/19/03

Mechs are alright, not much of a step above a Spyder, E-Cockers are about midlevel, with an MQ valve you are on par with a timmy.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Banned

yea mech cockers are alright. there really cheap so if ur looking for a pnuematic cheap gun then go with the mech cocker. a e-blade for the autococker is more than the gun tho. thats why uim going witha a wrath.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

well, cockers are pretty simple guns (once you learn how the pneumatics work), and they are alright if you really like them/care for them. however, a cocker is a relatively outdated design. seeing as the first cocker was made around 1995 (by palmers), its an 11 year old design. not much has changed about it unless you put an eblade or mq valve in it. with a mech, you arent gonna shoot a whole lot faster than a mech spyder. even electronic, once you get above like 13 bps, the kick gets pretty bad, so you lose accuracy. also, the major selling point of a cocker (accuracy) has been proven false. an autococker is no more accurate than any other gun, and actually can be less accurate if you factor in kick.

this is just my opinion (yes, i have owned a cocker before, and i used to know pretty much all there is to know about them) and some will disagree with me, but id say stay away from them. especially since you can get an ion or promaster for less than 300. IMO they perform much better, and you can't beat the price.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:25 PM

A lot of people like them for teh closed bolt design and they just simply like the back block movement. They are reliable enough and relatively easy to take care of as long as you just plain leave it alone and don't tinker with it! That is usually where the "high maintenance" hype comes from. You can good deals on used mech cockers now since there are not in fashion, pick yourself up a good deal
Old 02-04-2006, 07:18 AM
I Like Me

If your one to tinker, than an autococker might not be for you. sure there are allot of parts, and you can tinker with it to get it set up the way you like it, once that is done you should leave it. you should never have to mess with it again unless you add a new part or a new upgrade, or tear it completly apart. i have had my cocker for a year now and i love it, once i got it set where i like it i havent touched it since and its still shoot amazingly. there isnt that much maintenance on them, once you know the parts and how to take care of them all you neally need to do is make sure its clean and leave it.
great gun, a bit of a steep learning curve, but once your over that there shouldnt be a problem.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:13 AM
*team peerless*

thanks alot for ur help guys! but i dont think an auto cocker will be for me =P
Old 02-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Spyder Addict

Well I actually feel that I can give a good bit of info here cause I just got another cocker in my collection. I have been tinkering with it over the past few weeks so here ya go. I will start off by saying that I feel cockers are the best markers out there, and here's why;

The Good
1. They are super cheap- I got a very nice one stock for $80
2. The upgrades are super cheap- I got all new pneumatics, barrel, and everything else to make it a real contender for- $60
3- If you time them right the are much quieter than anything else.
4- They look pimp..I mean really there is nothing else that looks like a cocker.
5- I dissagree about the no more accurate statement, in my experience my cockers have been over all more accurate than my other open bolt markers (spyders, tippies, bushies, angels, and freestyles)

The Bad:
1. They take some care to make sure they stay in good working order.
2. You need to do some studying if you are going to work on them yourself.
3. Once you get one you will become obsessed with upgrading it because there is so much to personalize (blocks, pneumatics, hammers, valves, cocking rods, ect.)

Now the reason that I feel that a cocker is the best marker out there (in my experience) is because it is the most versatile marker on the market.
1. you start off with a mech cocker you pay $100 and your up and rolling with a good gun for any recreational play.
2. You pay $30-50 more dollars and you can turn it into a pump class or stock class marker for when you wanna real challenge.
3. You pay $100-$200 more and you can turn it into an electro/electro-pneumatic marker that can keep up with any tourney level marker.

So for $400 you can get a rec marker, pump marker, stock class marker, and electro-pneumatic marker. What other brand of gun can boast this????? Anyone..........I thought so. I mean you can't even get a tippy, a pump, and a cheap electro (with eyes) for less than that!!!