Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default I need help with 2 regs and 2 bottles...

...and have 2 problems -

First problem is:

Long story short, I have 2 HPA bottles. Both are without regulators.

I made a trade and got a MaxFlo (the big beast) that was just comletely rebuilt by SP.

I have a GuerillaAir F U K U reg - FOUND HERE - on the way and should be here in a few days.

The tanks are:

114/45 and 88/45

The MaxFlo is set up for remote coil and the ***U is a normal "screw-in-the-ASA" model.

I do not have in-field access to SCBA and have to get my air before my renegade games. To refill is an hour away in one direction.

The 'problem' I'm having is...which bottle do I put what reg on? Either reg will go an either bottle, I'm just having a Hell of a time deciding.

The 114 is definately the bigger of the two tanks, which will yield more shots available "on-gun"...but if I put the Flo on the marker, it's staying there because it mounts with a rail. I won't be able to change bottles in-field. Putting the MaxFlo on one marker (my Ion) is going to dedicate that tank/reg set up to that marker...

...but putting the 88 on the marker would definately lighten it up but I'll have less shots "on-gun" and need to change/fill it sooner than the 114.

I already have a coiled remote for the Maxflo with the remote fitting in an ASA plug/adapter.

Should I put the ***U on the 88/45, so I can remove it in-field and the MaxFlo on the 114 on my back with the remote attached? All I'd have to do is unscrew the 88 and throw int he asa plug w/ fitting into the Ion's on/off and go.

Help me decide. Thanks.

2nd problem is:

I screwed the MaxFlo into the 88 and it went in easy as pie...almost too easy. There was almost no resistance when it "seated" on the bottle...like the ORing/seal isn't contacting the bottle neck properly. The reg is definately tight but you'd think there would be some resistance with the ORing/bottle neck to know it's sealed.
Should I use Dow55 to swell the seal that meets the bottle neck?

Thanks again.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
WILL WORK FOR PAINT!

Default Re: I need help with 2 regs and 2 bottles...

id use the max flo and remote on the 114. if you want a better seal idk if its safe to put dow on there i know if you get petroleum based lube in there it will go boom when filled

Spyder Victor with a modded CORE derlin bolt, polished striker and polished valve assembly

BEING POOR SUCKS
Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Scenario Junkie

What ever tank the max-flo and the remote are on...just use that to refill the other tank using the remote line hooked up to the fill nipple on the other tank. Thats what I do with my Max-Flo and 88/45. I use it as a mini-fill station because I do not want to permanately mount it to one of my markers.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Here, there, everywhere!

I think the best idea is to stick the 114 on your back with the Max/remote
That way you run either without tools...or carry both....
I don't think the 55 is a good idea...my 114/3000 is running an Air America and it feels like that too...but I have never had a problem with it. Put a new o ring on it and roll on!
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0

Last edited by vwjimmy : 07-26-2007 at 07:01 AM.