Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 PM
New Guy

Default mr2 or tippmann a-5

ok im a spyder fan, have many of there markers. i know this is a spyder forum so the a-5 might get dawged out. ive shot the a-5 and seen the mr2 shoot. my question is which one should i get. this is breaking my head, i really need your help here. feed me with info. i read reviews on the a-5 at pbreviews but none for the m-series. go ahead let the info out. sell me on something. thanx in advance
Old 07-11-2007, 01:07 PM
you wanna mess with me?

Default Re: mr2 or tippmann a-5

well for starters if i was going to get a tippmann i would get the x-7 over the a-5. the x-7 is way more customizable. but i would have to say get the mr2. you say you have owned alot of spyders, which means that you already know the lay out of the gun.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8340

this thread says alot also. it says that there are alot of upgrades that you can do to your mr2, although you will need a good forcefed hopper for the mr2 which you wont need for the tippy. with both guns there have been problems but you just have to get the gun you feel is good for you. i would suggest going to your local field or store and holding them both.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

the tipman a-5 stock aint really anything special, the mr2 stock at least has full auto
Old 07-11-2007, 05:20 PM
New Guy

I'm going to have to go with the flow here and chime in. I own an A5 and despite the fact that I haven't gotten my hands on an MR2, I'm going to have to go with the MR2. At least if you're going for performance. You get an electronic trigger frame,which is a 100 dollar upgrade for an A5 and a stock.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
WILL WORK FOR PAINT!

The A-5 is also a gas hog they get half the shot count of a spyder

Spyder Victor with a modded CORE derlin bolt, polished striker and polished valve assembly

BEING POOR SUCKS
Old 07-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

the a-5 is great if you can afford to upgrade it
Old 07-12-2007, 05:03 AM
New Guy

i used both the a5 and the mr-2 while helping out at the proshop in town - i personally like the build of the a-5 more cause its smaller and the weight is more balanced - but as everyone else says go with the MR-2 because it has E-trig frame, long lasting performance, more shots on your gas, and plenty of upgrades for the hardcore scenario player

go with the mr-2 dude
Old 10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I Love Speedball :)

I was deciding just like you, and I'd used the A5 many times, and the MR2 alot aswell. But I went with the MR2. It does have the E Frame, plus the stock, and its got much more performance value than the A5. The A5 is definately a little more customizable, but the MR2 also has upgrade ability.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

the mr2 is better off stock unless you want to spend extra$$$ you won't have the performance of a mr2, but remenber, the mr2 is a more of a speedball gun
Old 11-11-2007, 11:30 AM
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnk
the mr2 is better off stock unless you want to spend extra$$$ you won't have the performance of a mr2, but remenber, the mr2 is a more of a speedball gun
Not really, I've never seen anyone play speedball with the MR2. Its just a woodsball gun. I mean you could use it for speedball, but why would you want to, why not buy an ion or something