Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Chrono question

I overheard people at the chrono station bragging about their guns being 320 or whatever. I told our ref that I thought people in our group were shooting hot but he didn't seem to care. That ref was a real prick in general though. Somethimes I get hit (approximately 50 feet away) and it barely leaves a mark. I also have a bruise on my arm the size of a baseball from shots from a similar range. The bottom line I guess is that most people like myself are there to have fun and it sucks when a few people are out to try and hurt people.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
In Heaven with the Goodie Goodies dressed in white

Yeah, if you are not exaggerating with the size of the welt your described, action definitely needs to be taken. Mention to the owner/owners of the field, the serious law suits that could be coming their way if they don't supervize, or at least employ qualified reffs.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Spyder Addict

Well as a ref I have seen lots of complaints against people shooting hot. Not condoning the refs actions what-so-ever.......everyone should be checked, re-checked, and checked some more. Often times the individual complaints about someone shooting hot turn out to be shooting low. Typically more pain and bigger bruises can be from balls failing to break......either by very resilient paint or by low velocities. Typically most of the people I catch are not the ones being complained about. I carry my handheld and will walk over and check people well they are shooting. If I catch someone over 285 I sak them to leave the field and turn it down......or just step out of a hot area and pull out my hex wrenches. If your over 300 your off the field. If I catch you twice your off the field. Hasn't happend yet but....The biggest thing I find with checking people on the field is it tends to get in peoples heads that the refs are out there even if it's 2 per 100 people where as if we don't chrono they complain about the number of refs. If your in their face alot the games are clean and fun!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

The thing about this sport is that even with great reps (like timbertiger sounds like), it's still based on the honor system. There is nothing to stop people from cranking the velocity back up on the field after they chrono.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 07-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Imperial Outbreak

During walk on play they chrono everyone before every game. During team practice they don't care, everyone is pretty good about chronoing and no one is out there to hurt anyone else.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
The thing about this sport is that even with great reps (like timbertiger sounds like), it's still based on the honor system. There is nothing to stop people from cranking the velocity back up on the field after they chrono.
Well sort of........I check on the field randomly......most of the time they don't see me coming as I walk up behind people in a fire fight. It gets around in a hurry that they are checking. It's funny how when I'm not at the field they get complaints. I was playing earlier in the year and things began getting unruly. The next game I came out with my vest and all of a sudden the problems disappeared! It's amazing what a ref presence can make! By being an active ref you can make it appear that refs are everywhere. Our field is 26 acres so.....making it appear as if refs are everywhere is very necessary!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Grammar Nazi in training

my field limit is 280. once i played and i couldnt adjust the velocity (i was using a friend's pilot acs and the velocity adjuster was lost), i went all day shooting like 230 (ish). the fact that i was shooting monster balls didnt help.

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 07-06-2007, 06:52 AM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

One of my friends had a spring die in his e99 during a scenario and neded up shooting 135 for most of the day...

My field enforces 280 for scenarios and (I think) 290 for tourneys, and they have refs at the chrono station that check you and put a zip tie on your marker if you're under the limit. Other refs at the field entrance check your gun for that tie and if you don't have it, they don't let you on.

Granted, there's nothing to stop people from jacking it up once they're on the field, but @$$holes will be @$$holes and there's not a whole lot you can do about it other then reporting them to refs/management.
Java 68/4500 tank
Old 07-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Field limits on FPS are for player safety and insurance regulations.

If the field you are playing at has insurance, which I am sure it does, they set the legal limit for FPS.

Most fields are at 280-290. At the level it gives room for error and weather FPS changes to still keep the markers safe.

Buy yourself a hand held chrono and bring it with you to the field. If you think some one is shooting hot test them and let them know why they should not play with a hot gun. If they keep playing, then you stop to keep yourself safe. If you loose your sight due to a hot, gun then there will not be another day of play for you.

Better to be safe and sit out than sorry ans sit out forever!

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Grammar Nazi in training

i was thinking about gettin a handheld chrono, but i dont have that much money now that i'm not working

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album