Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Trigger Job???

Yeah a pretty good upgrade for 62 cents i put a 1/4 in nylon spacer on the seer rest and also I added a little bit of metal to the top of my trigger, as well as changed the trigger spring. All goes to show when someone says it cant be done it really can be. It all seems well now but we'll see this weekend! Thanks for all the advice.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Marine Corps.

haha yep np we'll always be here to help you
Old 02-15-2006, 04:06 PM
New Guy

The trigger job on the sonix is pretty easy, as long as you have a dremel to cut stuff up with. I used a 3/8" rivet, cut the head and washer off and used that for the sear stop. It fits perfectly. I did not use set screws and a die for the slack stops. I used a small section of teflon mountain bike gear housing to put inside the spring for the back slack stop, and cut a tiny piece of washer to put on top of the trigger toe for the front slack stop. If the gun will not recock itself after firing, you have too much material on top of the trigger toe for the front stop. Sand it gently. Crazy glue does not like being dremeled. It really is pretty easy. I basically followed the trigger mod in post #6 above and it works great. And I bought my gun in December of '05, so if I can do it, you can do it.

If you want to get extra fancy, use the cutting tool to kind of sand down the safety pin just enough that it goes under the trigger toe after you've added the material to the top. This will make perfect sense once you've modded the trigger in the first place. If you don't, you're safety won't work. Since I did this mod on my 10-year old son's gun, it was important to me that he have a working saftey, mostly because I don't want to get plugged accidentally at point blank range.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Banned

whats a trigger job?
Old 04-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Marine Corps.

trigger job is where you finely tune your frame in order to maintain an increase in BPS ... basically meaning ... less pull for the action
Old 04-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned

oic thanx