Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76
Hmmmmm..... FBT?

qft

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Looking for feedback...

If nothing else it would raise attendance rates! We could also tie it in with the sponsored section idea, and have it in there for sponsoring members only.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 06-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Ex-Woodsball Player

I wish I had heard of spyder forums sooner than I did. The way I found it was searching through spyder.tv when I was deciding on what MR to buy. Looking back im really suprised I even found it. It is very well hidden. Advertising is a great idea. One thing tho please don't charge a membership fee when we want to search. It really makes me mad when I get that stupid screen on pbnation.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:23 AM
ALW4Y5 TH1NKIN9

Advertising would definitely bring in the masses. If Kingman put a little card/paper/post-it in each gun package giving the location of the forums, attendance would climb!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:43 AM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

I've been thinking about this overnight. There's nothing seriously wrong with the forums. Maybe a little light in terms of traffic, but it's certainly not dead. Here's my thoughts, some of these have been said before, some haven't, maybe I can elaborate a little on those already posted.

* Marker Sections
You gave the MR series their own section, broken out by marker, do the same for the 3 VS markers. Additionally, have a "General VS" and "General MR" section so people who are lookign for more broad based answers can get them easier. Slash and burn the current marker sections, they're all over the place and no traffic in most of them. Plus 95% of them are identical other than milling. Here's an idea on how to set it up: MR series (general, MR1 & EMR1, MR2, MR3), VS series( general, VS1, VS2, VS3), Legacy (general, electro, mech, other).

*Tech
I don't know if it can really be feasible to expand the tech section further than it is, that section is so slow right now. Maybe add a Spimmy section? You could probably condense the current tech boards into 1 or 2, then start adding what everyone agrees is needed.

*special memberships
I spent a great deal of time thinkinng about this one. The forums are kind of like the kids table at Thanksgiving. Kingman owns and "runs" these forums, right? Why not give something back to those members who support them? have multiple levels with something for them at each level. first level gets the marketing material just like the dealers (and we probably are more interested), and some other little throw away gimme. Second level bumps up the gimmies, third level, maybe you start to see small discounts in products/ability to purchase early? And, Maybe have a special section for the supporting members where we get to see new product a little early, or maybe even where Kingman can ask what we're interested in for their next markers? Ability to purchase raw, unanodised parts, how about the ability to purchase parts with this fancy new membership?

*Advertising
Like someone above said, the forums are a pain to find if you're not looking for them. how about putting a nice big link right on the main page, no scroll overs, no multiple links. Also, cards in the marker boxes is a great idea, and very cheap to implement.

*Mods
Others said most of this first, so not much new here. I think we have a core of very good mods. However, there are others that, I look at the name in the mod list in the sections, and wonder who the hell these people are, because I've never seen them. I don't think you need any new mods at the moment, maybe once traffic picks up. But clearing out those who are not actively participating might be an idea (I don't mean those who are having short-term issues, just those who haven't been moderating, or participating, in a while.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 06-18-2007, 05:51 AM
PMR'er

Im liking the game section now that some one mentioned it.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:25 AM
THE GAME

debate subforum

edit: if you do sponsoring, make it less than ASM. maybe like a $5 option and a $20
Old 06-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Quest

BRING BACK THE GAMES!!! I remember those..Wasn't there one with a space guy? I wasted a lot of time playing that

I like the sponsor idea.

Contacting Kingman with cards in boxes is a great idea.

I just did a search on Google for "paintball forums" and our forum wasn't on the first 8 pages and then I stopped.

Take out the Veteran's forum and make it "Non-Spyders" some people i've talked to think this is only a spyder board because there's no room for other markers. We need a forum with the title for other markers

I think it would be a great idea if we had a part of the forum in which only people who post good informative posts with no flaming and crap can access. To get in a you have to be nominated by an exsisting member in which other members vote on. Not sure what to call it though. Maybe that can be the "Veteran's Forum" considering you'd have to be a Veteran to get in. DOES NOT GET CONFUSED WITH SPONSORED SECTION..for anybody. You get in by being a good member, not buying in

Although its somewhat the opposite of Critical, I think we should have the MR section like the VS section. All compressed into one. I've got time so here's a list of the forums I am suggesting

The new KUSA!!
A.General Spyder Discussion
1.General Spyder Forum
2.Non-Spyders
3.Veteran's forum (the one I suggested)
4.News and Updates
5.Non-paintball topics

B.Spyder Series
1.VS Series
2.Electronic
3.MR Series
4.Mechanical
5.Old School and Pumps
6.Ravens

C.Other Equipment
1.Air Systems
2.Barrels and Paint
3.Hoppers and Masks
4.Custom

D.Tips-Polls-Misc.
1.Member Reviews
2.Polls
3.Picture Pages

E.Tourney Talk
1.Spyder Cup
2.Other Tournaments
3.Strategies
4.Players looking for Players
5.Field Chat

F.Trading Post
1.Stores Links and Info
2.Sales Corner
3.Sales Corner Feedback
Old 06-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Spelling Bee Champ!!!!

While condensing the forums in to simply "electronic" "mechanical" give a cleaner look, I think that it is to broad. Getting rid of some of the inactive forums, such as AMG..etc.. would be great, but in my opinion alot of "noobs" that come to the forum will look for the specific forum that applies to their gun making it simpler to find an answer with searching. Also when it is broken down it makes it more user friendly IMO. Think about it, if people post over a wide variety of forums, or its condensed into one its all the same amount of post, thus not makin the forum more busy but giving an illusion that it is. What I would think would be a good idea is that if you broke it down in to "mechanical" and "electronic" then when you clicked it it brought you to another section with a break down of the markers seperate forums, and a general forum for general electronical or mechanical gun talk.
Why condense a forum because it is slowing down, but instead make it bigger, more inviting, and better so hopefully the forum will grow and will give a bigger place for communication and gun talk.

A "non spyder" forums could not possible get approved in my opinion. Becuase think, this is a spyder forum at the end of the day and kingman will not want people coming here for tech answers on other guns. Its a great idea but I don't think kingman will go for it.

Advertisement is also a great idea, but may take awhile to get on its feet. A good way still has to be thought up to get this done, but its an idea that can be played with. For the time being why don't us members spread the forum by word of mouth. While at a feild if you see a begginer with a spyder or anyone with a spyder, even if you dont shoot one any more, go up to them and start talkin about how u started with one and everything and give them the forum url and tell them if they need help or ne thing what a great site this is.

Games = ftw, I loved that rocket man game....
armedfuture: mine
TheRedBarron006: hehe

Thanks Mike. <3 TRB
Old 06-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Fluent in Stroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
*special memberships
I spent a great deal of time thinkinng about this one. The forums are kind of like the kids table at Thanksgiving. Kingman owns and "runs" these forums, right? Why not give something back to those members who support them? have multiple levels with something for them at each level. first level gets the marketing material just like the dealers (and we probably are more interested), and some other little throw away gimme. Second level bumps up the gimmies, third level, maybe you start to see small discounts in products/ability to purchase early? And, Maybe have a special section for the supporting members where we get to see new product a little early, or maybe even where Kingman can ask what we're interested in for their next markers? Ability to purchase raw, unanodised parts, how about the ability to purchase parts with this fancy new membership?
what about those of us members who would like to support the boards, but havent played paintball in years?

Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.