Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 PM
When the pin is pulled, Mr. Genade is not your friend.

Default Re: Prayer requests aside from my anger against God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell
Although it appears you've made your mind up on your opinion of God, this is the best explanation I can give:

Question: "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?"

Answer: Why do bad things happen to good people? That is one of the difficult questions in all of theology. God is eternal, infinite, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, etc. Why should we human beings (not eternal, infinite, omniscient, omnipresent, or omnipotent) expect to be able to fully understand God’s ways? The book of Job deals with this issue. God had allowed Satan to do everything he wanted to Job except kill him. What was Job’s reaction? “Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him” (Job 13:15). “The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised” (Job 1:21). Job didn’t understand why God had allowed the things He did, but he knew that God was good and therefore continued to trust in Him. Ultimately, that should be our reaction as well. God is good, just, loving, and merciful. Often things happen to us that we simply cannot understand. However, instead of doubting God's goodness, our reaction should be to trust Him. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Perhaps a better question is, "Why do good things happen to bad people?" God is holy (Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 4:8). Human beings are sinful (Romans 3:23; 6:23). Do you want to know how God views humanity? “As it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one. Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit. The poison of vipers is on their lips. Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness. Their feet are swift to shed blood; ruin and misery mark their ways, and the way of peace they do not know. There is no fear of God before their eyes” (Romans 3:10-18). Every human being on this planet deserves to be thrown into hell at this very moment. Every second we spend alive is only by the grace of God. Even the most terrible misery we could experience on this planet is merciful compared to what we deserve, eternal hell in the lake of fire.

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). Despite the evil, wicked, sinful nature of the people of this world, God still loved us. He loved us enough to die to take the penalty for our sins (Romans 6:23). All we have to do is believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Romans 10:9) in order to be forgiven and promised a home in heaven (Romans 8:1). What we deserve = hell. What we are given = eternal life in heaven if we would just believe. It has been said, this world is the only hell believers will ever experience, and this world is the only heaven unbelievers will ever experience. The next time we ask the question, “Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?”, maybe we should be asking, “Why does God allow good things to happen to bad people?”

i hope that everything works out for you and your friends. Durrel great point, thanks for sharing that with everyone. I am going to pray for them when I say my prayers tonight.

Spyder Elecltra
14" ACI Zero Gravity Barrel
Empire Loader

IF YOUR PARENTS DONT PAY FOR YOU TO PLAY PAINTBALL PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG

Last edited by BrianT : 06-14-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:05 PM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

When it rains, it pours.

There's not really anything I can say except that I hope everything works out. I realize that's not worth much.

I'll say a prayer for everyone involved.
Java 68/4500 tank
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Don't blame nothing. There is no high power.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob Hayward
Don't blame nothing. There is no high power.
What is your proof of this? IF there was no high power... How did we get here? There is no 100% proof that evolution is true... and science is based apon theory more then fact.

The Bible and biblical scriptures are carbon dated back to a time when people were thought to have been cave men... (correct me if I'm wrong) and there have been footprints that are carbon dated to the time when dino's walked the earth... So that evolution theory is complete BS. Yet they teach it in schools because Christianity is so heavily persicuted. Can you believe they were talking about taking "In God we trust" out?

Ugh. All this stuff happening has made me want to go back and ask my mom more questions (she teaches about the Bible and is considered a missionary.) and I think it's helping me wake up.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 06-15-2007, 05:38 AM
mhm. thats me.

Although it seems you have come to your senses about God, I will put my word into it.

I beileve God does the things he does to see who we turn to in our darkest hour. Sort of a trial in a sense. In my way of thinking, God alows for hurt to come to us, so we may to turn to him, and see him in full effect. So if you look upon the lord in a time of pain, hurt, or stress, you may find peace, hope, and power inside of him.

Hope this helps some

Current Set Up:
Stock Imgaine
CP 14' Silver Dust

Myspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24
Can I hug you?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:28 AM
PMR'er

Just be happy ur friends werent in the Fort ann crash a few days ago. My best friends cousin was in it(she died), my bros girlfriend that lives at my house is crushed* because her extremely close cousins boyfriend died when the next day he was planning to give her an ingaugement ring, then the other day her family went to the crash site with blood stains everywhere. 2 of the 5 people lived. (*her cousin is calling crying, and when she went over, her cousin cryed the whole 4hrs she was there)
But try to stick it out, life isnt perfect, and never will be.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
QFT

I'm pretty close to being agnostic, being that I don't claim a faith besides that SOMETHING ultimately created us. A lot of religions have good things to say, and give good advice, but I don't personally think pointing at one faith arbitrarily or because your parents were that and their parents were etc... makes it a logical decision that can be made. If you step back and look at things it's really a lot harder to justify being mad that stuff is happening to you or around you. So much **** happens on this planet and no body does anything about it, and no body holds people accountable for doing NOTHING. And here you are in a situation that's not a cause of some one's lack of action, etc. and you hold God accountable. It already happened and its not like if you make some quest against God that it won't happen again to someone else. Prayer is great if you need strength, but if you've already got it go out in the world and DO SOMETHING GOOD, so that maybe you can prevent someone else from experiencing the same anguish you did. The reason I say getting pissed about God isn't going to help is because in the bible, a lot of people think that God is exclusively this ultimate being, but in reality God also symbolizes the community.
yeah, i blame buddha what does agnostic mean?

but im not a religious person. i see no point in religion. devoting your life to someone/something that you cant prove exists where you would be just as good off w/o it. ask yourself this. religion was a way for people to explaine things they couldnt any other way or they couldnt prove. why is this still going on? we are a lot smarter now and can explain how things happen.

One thing i have with some christians is that they say anything other than christianity is a sin. therefore if you have no religion its a sin, god will send you to hell. they say things like homosexuality are sins, i think they are just trying to get people to live how they (christians) want them to, not how people want to live theyre lives.

if i am asked if i believe in god i say, no. so your atheist, no. atheist = no belief in god. i think its called nialist or something (i learned on an episod of dethklok metapocalypse, called religionklok. its really funny, you guys should watch it on youtube.)
Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 AM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Untouchable
Although it seems you have come to your senses about God, I will put my word into it.

I beileve God does the things he does to see who we turn to in our darkest hour. Sort of a trial in a sense. In my way of thinking, God alows for hurt to come to us, so we may to turn to him, and see him in full effect. So if you look upon the lord in a time of pain, hurt, or stress, you may find peace, hope, and power inside of him.

Hope this helps some
Truth. Wish I could have put it that way.

The way I see it is, it's in the Bible that if we are Christians we'll face persecution. You see that everyday, you even see small tastes of it in this thread from a few of the replies. It isn't easy to be a Christian, in fact it's much harder than being a non-believer. But I personally couldn't have it any other way because if I did some of the things my friends do, my conscience would tear me apart from the inside out. Think of it this way: Jesus died on the cross to save us, so it doesn't get much better than that..

Just stay strong, and we'll be here if you need people to talk to.

Edit: To the above post, we do not believe you're going to Hell if you live different than us. Everything I personally believe is on paper in the Bible. Not an edited Bible, the King James or New International version of the Bible. Homosexuality is a sin in the Bible..so of course I don't agree with it and I never will. I've always said there's 2 types of Christians: the ones who jam Bible verses down your throat and push you away from Christianity, or the ones who are there when needed and know when they're supposed to bring it up and when they aren't. I like to consider myself the latter, because I don't cram Bible verses down anyone's throat and I'm certainly not going to tell you you're going to Hell just because you're different than me. You do your thing, I'll do mine..
Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Spyder Addict

They all have my prayers.

How's your friends sis doing?
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell
Edit: To the above post, we do not believe you're going to Hell if you live different than us. Everything I personally believe is on paper in the Bible. Not an edited Bible, the King James or New International version of the Bible. Homosexuality is a sin in the Bible..so of course I don't agree with it and I never will. I've always said there's 2 types of Christians: the ones who jam Bible verses down your throat and push you away from Christianity, or the ones who are there when needed and know when they're supposed to bring it up and when they aren't. I like to consider myself the latter, because I don't cram Bible verses down anyone's throat and I'm certainly not going to tell you you're going to Hell just because you're different than me. You do your thing, I'll do mine..
Who says that if you have another religion your going to hell? Or if your a homosexual your going to hell? So homosexualism is a sin. Jesus died for our sins so that we would be able to go to heaven. I know Christians that have gone to homosexualism but still believe in God as their father up in heaven and are strong believers in Him. Does it mean that by being a Christian you can get away with everything? No... you have to repent. By just being a "Christian" you cannot nessisarily get to heaven either. You have to believe in God. Believe that he died for your sins, and honestly, in your heart, want him to be a part of your life.

Once your "saved" or "born again" you cannot lose that either.

I think Durrell hits it right on the head. I just feel sorry for those that are athiest. But I will admit to becomming lost and almost to a point of being agnostic (the belief that there is a higher being, but you need proof).

My friends little sister:

The Matrachisia (best friends) family wants you to know they covet your prayers and ask that their family of believers to continue to lift up Jessica (the little sister) to Him. They believe God has shown them favor in this journey and that only He is capable of continuing to heal Jessie.

Jessica had surgery wed. to correct her leaking lymphatic system. Doctors are hopeful that the surgery may have fixed the problem but much more time is needed to tell.

Yesterday morning Deb reported that Jessica is still being ventilated, with plans of having this removed possibly today. In between her sleepy state, she has responded to her parents. Jess ran a slight temperature, which the doctors say is normal after sedation. They cannot be definite as to how much longer she'll be at Strong Hospital, but the possibility exists that it could take a few more weeks.

They ask for your continuing prayers as she and the family goes through this hard time. (Also another thing to note is the fact that they have very little, to no health insurance and the husband is layed off... we have been making donations and my robotics team raised over $300 for them... but thats not much considering how much hospitals charge)

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"