Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
add 1,794 posts

Default Re: Official Flame Therapy

that is so damn weird.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:40 AM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Life has been... interesting lately. A lot of mixed emotions about it. I don't really know how to explain it, but in the end I always feel unhappy about it. I have friends that I'm always with, but for some reason it doesn't feel enough and it seems like I'm just wasting my potential away. I want to actually LIVE life, not conform to it. I think I'm feeling this way is because of financial burdens I have. I've been out of work since the beginning of October, I'm not in school, and I literally have 8 dollars to my name. I had to ask for change for the first time last night just to get enough gas to get home.(Had to go into town for a drug test for Walmart, so depending on the results*which should be a pass*, I WILL have a job.) But even then, I don't think I'll be happy working with them. I'm probably just rambling a lot, but I haven't talked to anyone about this so I'm just letting it all out. I'm almost 22 years old and have nothing to show for it. Single also, how fun. I've contemplated selling my car to pay off my debts and then just going on a trip by myself with any extra cash I'd have with me, just to get out for awhile and reconstruct my brain.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
wat

This may sound harsh, but judging by your posts you kind of have your priorities in the wrong place. You seem to really enjoy (and have time to) partying, working on your car, etc. but yet you're still unemployed. I'm the same age as you and I have a mortgage, wife, and a full-time job. I didn't get any handouts from my parents. I buckled down and paid/worked my way through college and now I'm reaping the benefits. Of course, that meant working basically full time from the age of about 19 to now, and never having any time for a social life, but I'm reaping the benefits now.

There comes a time when partying and blowing money just isn't enough to maintain happiness. Most adults seek a sense of stability and independence, and it sounds like that's what your after. If that's the case, calm down some, buckle down and get a steady job and possibly an education, and start your life. I definitely wouldn't sell the car just to blow the money on a trip. Use that money to start saving and getting things in line for a stable future.

Hope that doesn't sound offensive, just my .02.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Not offensive at all. And lately I haven't been partying, getting trashed, worked on my car or anything like that. In fact, I don't even really like to drink anymore. All my money that I had went towards insurance, credit card payments, and gas. I've been actively looking for work since I left my job in October. Everywhere I applied at said to come back in May or they weren't hiring at all. Up until October, I've had a job ever since I was legally able to work in California (16) and I've had 4 jobs since then. Also working on my car is usually free or costs me to help with my friends yard work or something like that. I definitely have priorities, and I'm just trying to get them straightened out, but it's just difficult. It must be different there too, because I've never had a full time job, and all of my friends(that work) have never had one either. Everywhere here you're considered part time and would be lucky to get 40 hours a week.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

i moved out of the house at 20. this was august. i had a job from september to december, got "let go" 2wks before christmas. i made about $900/mo working 3 days a week. my roommate's boyfriend was a hardcore stoner (im talking 24/7) and small time dealer. i put up with it because i was paying under $300 a month for everything and had tons of money to blow on paintball (was up to 14 guns at one point). after i lost my job, i was in a hardcore slump. NO ONE was hiring, so i spent all my free time (was in college at the time, 2 days a week, 2 online classes) playing video games. i ended up selling about $1k worth of paintball guns and at least $500 worth of gear to pay rent/gas/food. my roommate's boyfriend gave me hell because i "wasnt trying hard enough" to find a job and refused to go back to fast food. putting up with his bull**** put me in a huge slump. i basically had my bedroom (a 9'x11' box) while he and his girlfriend "owned" the rest of the apartment. and since they were always high, they were too distracted to take care of the place other than once a month when he would go on a cleaning binge and ***** at me for not helping out. our relationship degraded to the point where i REFUSED to wash dishes because i was the only one getting them done. finally in march (with $200 to my name) i got a job at walmart, and was getting consistent hours, so while i was working a lot more, i was making as much as i was before. now that i had a job, they wanted me to constantly go out and buy groceries, and even when we split the bill, they still ate most of the food. things didnt help when my roommate's brother started living with us (rent free) and i didnt feel like butting heads with all 3. about 3-4 months before our lease was up, they broke up and my roommate and her brother moved back home, so it was just me and her (now) ex-boyfriend splitting the rent. he started getting really heavy into oxy, and it got to the point where he would get home from work and basically get high and pop pills until he passed out on the couch. the ending is a real kicker too...apparently he sold pot to some kid with a wire and had to start going to court. with the rent at $500 a person now, we were really both short on cash, and my hours were starting to fluctuate. he had talked about getting a townhouse with his brother and another friend, and told me i could stay there until the other friend moved in. but with the whole court thing, he ended up moving in with his parents and i had less than 2 months to find my own place. so here i was living in a 1 bedroom apartment with 2/3 of my paycheck going towards bills, working part time and going to school. thats pretty much how the past 8-9 months have gone for me. luckily, having been at walmart a year now, ive gotten to know all my bosses pretty well, and talked one into giving me 40 hours, but im not officially at full-time status yet. i went home for christmas and basically got a job offer (now that ive graduated) and ive decided to take it. now i have 3 months to prepare for the move. i used all my graduation money to put a down payment on a truck, so now while im working more, i have more bills to pay too. my next 6 paychecks i will be scraping together EVERY LAST CENT to insure that i can make the trip to alaska and finally get my life started. oh, and somewhere along the way i met this really great girl and we started a long distance relationship, and that is a hell in itself. women are great, but the drama that comes with them i can do without.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 04-21-2011, 05:26 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwithPride View Post
Not offensive at all. And lately I haven't been partying, getting trashed, worked on my car or anything like that. In fact, I don't even really like to drink anymore. All my money that I had went towards insurance, credit card payments, and gas. I've been actively looking for work since I left my job in October. Everywhere I applied at said to come back in May or they weren't hiring at all. Up until October, I've had a job ever since I was legally able to work in California (16) and I've had 4 jobs since then. Also working on my car is usually free or costs me to help with my friends yard work or something like that. I definitely have priorities, and I'm just trying to get them straightened out, but it's just difficult. It must be different there too, because I've never had a full time job, and all of my friends(that work) have never had one either. Everywhere here you're considered part time and would be lucky to get 40 hours a week.
Glad to hear it man. Perhaps it would be worth your while to look at out of state jobs if you're wanting a change of scenery. I hope it turns around for you.

It must be different here because basically there are two routes out of high school: full time work or full time school. Don't see too many doing anything else.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post
Glad to hear it man. Perhaps it would be worth your while to look at out of state jobs if you're wanting a change of scenery. I hope it turns around for you.

It must be different here because basically there are two routes out of high school: full time work or full time school. Don't see too many doing anything else.
Thanks. I actually moved north to Oregon for around 2 months a couple months ago, ended up coming back because it was the same up there, no work, no school. A lot of my friends ended up in the military and stuff like that.

Sniper, your situation sounded kinda similar to my experience in my apartment as well lol. I was living with a couple except instead of smoking they were doing other drugs like pills and other powdery substances and the likes. I never used dishes and always got *****ed at for not doing the dishes, things like that. Then the boyfriend would always hide is drugs and say they were mine when his gf would find them. Sad to say, I myself got pretty deep into drugs when I lived there and am actually thankful that I got out when I did. Everyday I would meet up with my friend Jenna and we would just take pills all day, it got pretty bad. Everyone has their own story though, and to have that story they need to experience certain things, so that's what I chalk it up as. I'm just super thankful for this job at walmart, I REALLY hope I get it. I'll be starting at $9.40 an hour, which is more than a dollar more that I was making when I LEFT Target after 2.5 years. And it'll be 10 PM to 7 AM four days a week.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Respected Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwithPride View Post
Life has been... interesting lately. A lot of mixed emotions about it. I don't really know how to explain it, but in the end I always feel unhappy about it. I have friends that I'm always with, but for some reason it doesn't feel enough and it seems like I'm just wasting my potential away. I want to actually LIVE life, not conform to it. I think I'm feeling this way is because of financial burdens I have. I've been out of work since the beginning of October, I'm not in school, and I literally have 8 dollars to my name. I had to ask for change for the first time last night just to get enough gas to get home.(Had to go into town for a drug test for Walmart, so depending on the results*which should be a pass*, I WILL have a job.) But even then, I don't think I'll be happy working with them. I'm probably just rambling a lot, but I haven't talked to anyone about this so I'm just letting it all out. I'm almost 22 years old and have nothing to show for it. Single also, how fun. I've contemplated selling my car to pay off my debts and then just going on a trip by myself with any extra cash I'd have with me, just to get out for awhile and reconstruct my brain.
I know how you feel, I'm 18 going to college for a job I don't really want to do, work the same dead end job I have been for the past two years, and I only have a few close friends (several of who are moving soon). I feel like I should do more in life but but I just don't know how to do it or I just don't try hard enough :/
Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

Thinking about college.
College thoughts = anxiety attack. 'nuff said... thought i was done with this...

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 06-10-2011, 12:29 PM

Respected, period.

I'm quite tired of people with kids who like to download "music" and get viruses. Sure making a few bucks is okay, but cleaning off viruses and getting a computer in working order again is extremely boring.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations