Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm Back!

Default Re: Official Flame Therapy

Dude, second part is ****ty, that's for sure. But the first part about your parents and your dad...

Pardon my language, but **** 'em. You are who you are. My parents have always wanted something different for me. I know they don't like how much time I spend playing video games and watching movies and going out with friends. I know they would prefer that I had stay at university and hadn't become a community college bum. I know they would prefer that I pursue mechanical engineering again instead of video game art and design.

But I don't care. I live my life the way I do because I enjoy it. And they aren't very disappointed by that. So long as I am in a good mood, they can get over it. I've been depressed, clinically. I take medicine for depression. My parents know what I am like when I get depressed. So when they know I'm doing the things that I love, they accept it.

And that's all you have to do, is pursue what you love. Do the things that make you happy. Hell, get treatment if you have to, I did. Your parents will be happy that you are happy. Eventually.

Three years is too long without paintball.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

My replies are beneath each paragraph in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThaSmurf View Post
Dude, second part is ****ty, that's for sure. But the first part about your parents and your dad...

Pardon my language, but **** 'em. You are who you are. My parents have always wanted something different for me. I know they don't like how much time I spend playing video games and watching movies and going out with friends. I know they would prefer that I had stay at university and hadn't become a community college bum. I know they would prefer that I pursue mechanical engineering again instead of video game art and design.

my parents want me to go to college for something that pays well. (especially: lawyer, doctor, engineer, etc.). but to be honest, i want to go for something like music, dance, theatre, or photography. but theyve made me think that thats close to impossible. that i'll never make it...

But I don't care. I live my life the way I do because I enjoy it. And they aren't very disappointed by that. So long as I am in a good mood, they can get over it. I've been depressed, clinically. I take medicine for depression. My parents know what I am like when I get depressed. So when they know I'm doing the things that I love, they accept it.

it doesnt seem like that with my parents. my mom had to fight so hard for me to do our spring musical this last year. my dad comes to my concerts and performances... he says he's proud, but when i find him in the audience (i always do, somehow) he looks like he hates it. and when he says stuff like he's proud, i can see in his eyes that he doesn't truely mean it. he'd rather i be broken and bruised after the football homecoming game than sing and dance...
I also have problems, idk if you were on here often when i went through that. but my parents hated my psychologist, so did i, so i pulled out of therapy... i was close to getting meds for depression/anxiety... my parents only gave me one option, cuz all the others that were approved for people under 18 had possible nasty side effects. i'm talking to them now about buying B Complex vitamins. it's an all-natural mood stabilizer that my gf and her mom take... my dad threatened to pull me out of the musical last year when we got in a small arguement. that would have had devastating effects, but it doesnt seem like he cares...

And that's all you have to do, is pursue what you love. Do the things that make you happy. Hell, get treatment if you have to, I did. Your parents will be happy that you are happy. Eventually.
sorry for the uber long post..

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 06-26-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm Back!

Dude, I dropped out of a good university, gained 70 pounds, and isolated myself from all my friends. And the only reason I'm back in school, lost some of that weight, and going out and having fun is because I got myself help. My dad doesn't believe in psychology, or at least doesn't believe it helps, but I got help in some way and that is all they care about. You parents love you, and nothing will change that. They just want you to be happy and to do the things you love to do. They may not approve immediately, but once they see, and you see, how much healthier and happier you are doing what you are passionate about, they will come around and you will feel a whole lot better about yourself.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThaSmurf View Post
Dude, I dropped out of a good university, gained 70 pounds, and isolated myself from all my friends. And the only reason I'm back in school, lost some of that weight, and going out and having fun is because I got myself help. My dad doesn't believe in psychology, or at least doesn't believe it helps, but I got help in some way and that is all they care about. You parents love you, and nothing will change that. They just want you to be happy and to do the things you love to do. They may not approve immediately, but once they see, and you see, how much healthier and happier you are doing what you are passionate about, they will come around and you will feel a whole lot better about yourself.
its hard to get help cuz i HAVE to have the approval of my parents. i'm not 18, so they have to sign stuff and do whatever. i also need them for my dad's insurance... and idk if i want professional help... i had bad experiences and dont want to do it again... i kinda just wanna do it myself, or with the help of the B Complex vitamins...

Quote:
DONT GET HIT
Old 06-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm Back!

Well, if you ever need to chat, drop me a PM or send me a message on AIM (What Tha Smurf), I'll get your PM within the day, and I'm usually on AIM, just frequently invisible.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

thanks, and it would be a PM. don't have AIM

Quote:
DONT GET HIT
Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

my grandma on the topic of my openly gay 2nd cousin:

"it's a shame, to have only one kid and have him turn out like that"

I'm sick of the hatred against gays that my relatives (on both sides of my family) have. I have all i can do to not freak out at them when they make racist/gay "jokes". they're closed-minded and mean and it's getting on my nerves

Quote:
DONT GET HIT
Old 07-01-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm Back!

I have two gay cousins on one side of my family, and it does bother some people. People learn to accept it with family, because they love them like family, but they never will like the fact that they are gay.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Grammar Nazi in training

but it's annoying how openly gay-hating they are. it's one thing to not like it. that's their opinion, but they dont have to harass them behind their backs.

Quote:
DONT GET HIT
Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

friend moved away this weekend. yes, the girl i was crushing on the whole time. on the bright side, she invited me to go camping with her and some friends for 4 days in august.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes