Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Member Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Proto matrix rail

So i was out de-greasing my bike chain today when the mail man pulled up. he had a small box in his hands, which i knew was my new(used) proto rail! I was lucky enough to get this on e-bay with a new feed neck, and boblong assassins barrel all for only 307 shipped.

being that i got this guy used, it didn't come with a box or warranty card, but i found a manual online and im pretty good at learning to tech my own gun (done it with spyders and ions so far). tools arnt a big deal, everything you buy comes with an hex wrench or crescent wrench so i have plenty of that i can put into a kit.

So i opened the box which wasn't much bigger then my halo box, and found my pretty black PMR in bubble wrap, its pretty clean, a few really small nicks in the finish, but nothing really noticeable. and the barrel was just underneath. so i put it together and held it fir the first time.

Initial feel

this thing feels great in my hands, no more hard plastic grips (sorry electra 05), they arnt the best ive felt in my time, but for stock grips, that are fantastic!! now when i play i don't use the back grip a lot, mostly the front reg. but ive been toting this thing around my house since it arrived and cant put it down. I can see these grips being perfect for times where you need to sprint and or dive around.

the trigger, like most have said, is below par with the rest of the gun, but it still works pretty well. i haven't had a chance to get the right sized wrench to adjust the travel of the trigger yet, but it came in a pretty nice spot. once i get it set right, walking in semi mode shouldn't be too much of a problem.

the back cap doesn't seem to be as brittle as people have said, being that mine is used, im not positive that this is the stock cap, but it looks like the pictures, in which case, I think it will hold up until i can round up 20 bucks to replace it. more of the looks than anything (im gunna do silver accents)

the eye covers on my marker sit pretty flush with the rest of the body, they too seem to be durable enough to last till i feel like changing them. i think vikingshadow said his stuck out at the bottom, perhaps he just got a bad cover. other then the fact that they don't match the anno of the rest of the gun, you cant even tell they are there.

setting the board

i don't have a ton of experience with changing the settings on a board, but when i got this open and flipped the switch for adjustment mode(#2 switch to on), it was a piece of cake! all you do is pull the trigger up to 4 times (for whatever you want to adjust), and when you find the right color (red, green,yellow/orange or flashing) you hold the trigger for a second and it will flash a number of times indicating which setting its currently at. that is to say, it flashes 12 times on the pbs mode for the stock 15.9 pbs. after that you can adjust by pressing the trigger as many times as to get to the desired mode (17 for 24bps, 2 for psp ect...) then you turn it back to normal operation mode (put the # 2 switch back to off) and its as easy as that.

i haven't had a chance to take the bolt out yet, or gas it up and rip a few off,
but when i do i will come back with more review.

if anyone knows about the BL assassins barrel, could you let me know what you think, also the part on the reg where the line comes in rotates, is this normal? also if anyone has this marker, what do you have the dwell and other settings at?

thanks for reading!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Proto matrix rail

update!

So i was finally able to gas up and pop off a few rounds, and i was really really impressed! this gun is whisper quiet, and in semi mode has very little kick, i was hitting a target about 8 inches wide from 100 feet or so. now i had it set on psp at 24bps (not sure about dwell) and when if kicked in i thought i broke the gun. this thing absolutely rips! i had the rocking trigger on the 05 electra, and there is no way i would be able to get up to these rates of fire! i know psp isnt the same as semi, but still, the option of psp and millenium mode are just another thing that set this marker apart from 'low end' markers.

one thing i did notice is that when i first got the gas on the gun it leaked out the end of the bolt (barrel side). this stopped after the first shot. I'm not sure this is normal, so ill hafta look into it.

as far as air efficiency goes, i cant really say for sure. i only shot about 150 balls, and didn't get a good feel for how much air it uses, or for the consistency of velocity. but ill tell ya straight up, shooting this marker feels great. If your looking to take a step up in your marker, this is the gun! it rips, its quiet, its light as a feather, and it feels good in the hands. and its also a good project gun as there are tons of upgrades that you can get for it!

thats all for now, please ask questions if you have any.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
MattWilson#17

the part were the macroline goes in at is supposed to swivel.and i got about 600 shots from my rail with 2000psi.and thats without the reg broke in.im sure it will be alot better once it is.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce
update!.........i know psp isnt the same as semi, but still, the option of psp and millenium mode are just another thing that set this marker apart from 'low end' markers.

one thing i did notice is that when i first got the gas on the gun it leaked out the end of the bolt (barrel side). this stopped after the first shot. I'm not sure this is normal, so ill hafta look into it............
I see you haven't found the hidden mode yet -

it prolly leaked because the pressure wasn't high enough inside to seal everything till you took the first shot -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 06-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I am the goat that swims through the icy currents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
I see you haven't found the hidden mode yet -
huh? What hidden mode
Old 06-05-2007, 05:50 PM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charfizcool
huh? What hidden mode
xball mode, its not listed in the manual, but on the firemode selection, just hit the trigger 4 times (manual says the max is 3) and it will go into xball which is 3 shots semi, then full auto on the 4th pull and hold.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:22 AM
falalalala

I was told by someone that Dye Markers are quite complex guns to tech, is it true? , cause that would swing me to buy something a little easier to look after.

Spyder Vs1
Q-lock feedneck
Spyder Vs Tadao Board and upgrade chip

Spyder Pilot Acs 05
Sp Linear 16' Barrel
Sp Q-Lock feedneck and adaptor
Viewloader vlocity
Halo B V35
Smart Parts on/off ASA
68/4500 Pure energy Tank
Old 06-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Spyder Addict

havent taken the bolt apart yet, dont wanna do that till i get some grease to re-lube. but getting the whole bolt system out was a breeze, just undo the end cap and pull the whole thing out. getting at the board is easy too, the only thing i would recommend is new on off and eye buttons. those things are an *** to get back in there if they fall out. maybe viking has done some work with the hyper 2, but that doesnt look to tough eaither, just remember how things were when you took them apart and put them back in in that order.