Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2007, 07:00 AM

Angry Battery life

anyone have any info on why the battery in my VS3 dies after 3 hours of play charged the night before for 9 1/2 hours and still died in 3-4 hours any info would be great
Old 05-21-2007, 07:23 AM
See You In The Middle

Default Re: Batter life

Mine did the same thing, but, as chance would have it, I stumbled onto a fix for it I think.

2 weeks ago I had a practice in Washington, and the one thing I didn't pack for my VS3 was the charger. Thankfully I had 2 others, one for my Pilot, and one for my Imagine. The lead on the charger for my Imagine was too short to allow it to plug in due to the depth of the charge port, so I tried the plug for my Pilot which was noticeable longer. I charged it with the Pilot charger and it worked all day for me, roughly 8 hours of very consistant play.

This may just be dumb luck, or something else, I don't know. I would guess it might have something to do with the chargers that come with the VS3s, but I don't have any facts to support that guess. All I know is that it worked great all day, and I even had a charge left 2 days later. Usually my VS3 battery goes dead after the first night, even when it's off.

Hope this works for ya.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

Smile Re: Battery life

I hated my battery too. So i went to my local batteries plus and bought 2 powerex 9.6 batteries and a charger and they last alot longer. i leave one in my gun and it never goes down like the other did. But they're $13 apiece but well worth the money. hope this helps you.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:49 AM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: Battery life

Get a car charger. You can charge it on the way to the field or even at the field for that matter. Don't think it's the batteries, but the boards expending the battery -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 AM

Talking Re: Battery life

the board seems to be the likely culprit. i charged the gun the day before for about 9 hours and following the manufacturer instructions of 8-10 hours at most i disconnected the gun. it must have been draining overnight even with the gun off since i only had about 5 hours of battery life. i think i will tank king-mans advice as well as dragons car charger idea thanks for the help