Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Swiper no Swiping!

Default MR Spring Kit and Questions

Ok I did a couple searches and was unable to help myself out so I decided to post. I am going to a scenario event where the fps is below 270 so that is what I am trying to achieve. My marker setup is as follows: New Designz Valve, Palmer's Female Stab., ACP Low Blow, and 32 degree spring kit, I have ran a couple cases of paint through my marker and still have yet to see any decent numbers on the chrono, The fps jumps up/down 15 fps. At the time of chrono I had a light striker spring and a med. valve spring, I have read and followed sundraggon LP setup but no decent results, I have switched to a light valve spring but ran out of day light and paint, Does anyone have any suggestions, or tips that would make this process a little better. The output pressure on the Palmer's is about 300psi, any thing below that it doesn't want to re cock when firing fast.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Guerrilheiro Chefe

Default Re: MR Spring Kit and Questions

Try the following:
1 - use the two lightest springs on your kit (valve and main)
2 - unscrew your speed adjuster all the way to the back then screw it about 2 or 3 full turns
3 - get a crony and adjust your Reg's PSI so that you are able do achieve the desired FPS

Last edited by Tcheno : 05-20-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Swiper no Swiping!

Well I ended up putting in the cut stock spring back on the striker and went with the med. valve spring in there and I am shooting around 260fps, plus my reg is set to about 375psi, anything below 300psi and it wants to jack hammer. I guess this will have to do for know. Its just frustrating that you spend that kind of money and not get much better in the consistency department.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Scenario Junkie

Thats odd. Iv run my MR2 with the stock spring kit in several night games, with the marker set at 245FPS, with no issues what so ever getting it down that low....or performance of the marker when set at 245.