Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2007, 12:40 AM

Default How to: Start your own local paintball field

Hi, i am starting this thread to gather info on starting your own paintball field.

I will update the thread with all the important info added on the first page in a quick guide. Im asking members to share their part of their experience in a paintball field's employment, gestion, private projects, legal and administrative expertise.

Im doing this because im dreamed of running my own paintball field and i want to know and let know to fellow members, if this kind of project is feasable, or just a dream...

Here are the topics that need answers:
(Sections will be updated as info is gathered)

1: Where to start?

2: What kind of investment are we talking about?

3: What are the existing legislations in your country? (United States, Canada)

4: Choosing the land.

5: What field supplies do i need?

6: Bunker and map architecture.

7: What about concurence and existing communities?

8: Finishing touches.

I hope this thread will help members accomplish their dreams or pop their bubbles before talking too much..

Thanks in advance for your support.

Mods: If this thread is not in the right section, i think it is serious enough to stick with it then please redirect me in the right section.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Has Been

Default Re: How to: Start your own local paintball field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taillo
1: Where to start?
Find a cheap piece of land...near people

2: What kind of investment are we talking about?
a loss...
3: What are the existing legislations in your country? (United States, Canada)

4: Choosing the land.
best to get flat land that is just grass, no schrubbery or treese
5: What field supplies do i need?
Guns, bunkers, air, co2, bathrooms, rental stuff, paint, etc
6: Bunker and map architecture.

7: What about concurence and existing communities?

8: Finishing touches.
i kinda filled in some answers. Paintball isnt the best industry, and your going to take a loss when your starting up. The money you put in isnt going to come back as greatly as you anticipated. For the mostpart, the people who run them do it casue they love the sport...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:04 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Of course, if one wanted money, they wouldn't be playing paintball in the first place.

I also have been desirous of starting a field near me (primarily because there isn't one within an hours drive. Biggest issue though is that land in the area I live in is wort ha ridiculous amount, to buy 15 acres would probably be upwards of 5 mil.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Here is a question:
To fill HPA, you need a compressor, to fill co2 what do you need?

Is there a co2 compressor or you just have to fill the tanks in a hardware store?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:24 PM
See You In The Middle

Taillo, as far as I understand, (and this is just because I have used some welding equipment) co2 can be purchased at industrial welding supply outlets. You basically rent the containers, and they come in when you need them filled and exchange the empty ones with filled ones. I am not sure about other states besides Oregon, but I also understand that here, in order to use compressors large enough to fill 3000 to 4500+ Hpa, you need a divers permit. I think this is just so the city/state whatever, knows that you are qualified to use these compressors.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:03 AM

I suppose you can run without a compressor and just buy tanks?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:11 PM
See You In The Middle

I would guess yes, however that will limit who comes to your field. Seasoned players no the importance and difference that HPA brings. Without compressed air I think that would dramatically effect your business. Thats just my opinion. Also, a lot of the new high end markers dont use co2. I don't know of any places that fill HPA tanks and then deliver them, and that doesnt really seem cost effective when you can fill directly to the markers from a compressor hose.

I wouldn't think a permit is too awful hard to get. Check into it.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Ill look for the legislation about hpa in canada, but i found a place in the target area that delivers all kind of gaz as a service and refill them, just have to check what is the cost. Do you know about gaz quantities required? maybe this can be calculated by gaz/players or gaz/week?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Finally!!!

While your checking on Co2 prices check on Nitrogen as well, basically the same as Compressed Air, with minor differences but it can be delivered in large quanties just like Co2. Other option is if you have somebody locally that can fill scuba tanks, many welder supply shops can do it. Only downside is that scuba tanks can only be filled to 3000psi (a little more if you get the right guy filling your tanks) and 3 or 4 scuba tanks with fill staions setup in series will keep ya provding a decent amount of air to your players.
One thing I didn't see you mention was liability insurance. Even if you have everybody sign "hold harmless" waivers you still could be exposed to certain liability issues. You might want to contact an insurance agent and get details pertaining to what your planning.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 05-19-2007, 12:35 AM

I glad i have your help, thanks everyone. This has not popped my bubble but encouraged me to continue more seriously. What i am planning is really not big. I dont want to make a gold mine out of it, but self sufficient would be great... hehe