Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Trading Post > Store Links and Info
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Default Avoid Ordering from Trinity Paintball

I feel the need to put this to the Spyder community. You all be the judge as to whether I, and Trinity, handled this in a responsible, respectful manner. Regardless, they have lost me as a customer, and, as I told them, I am letting everyone know what has occured. I have purchased a number of their products, and have been very satisfied, even to the point of recommending their products. Here's what happened:

On 05/10/07 I ordered several pieces from them. I did not receive any further communication from them, until today, when I got an email telling me that my order had shipped. Concerned about how long it had taken from order to shipment, I sent them this email:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
I was very disappointed that my order, #xxxx, placed on Thursday 05/10 was not shipped until today, Tuesday the 15th. I understand that you probably do not ship out on the weekends, and that is fine, however, I don't see why it would not have shipped on Monday the 14th. Also, it was frustrating to get an email telling me that by following the supplied link, I would be able to track my order, and, when I followed the link, I was brought to a page with the order details, and a comment telling me that the order has been completed and shipped, but there was no way to track it!
I tried to be respectful, and polite, and professional. this is the email I got in response, as they wrote it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Paintball
I AM GOING TO USE THE SAME WORDS THAT U USE, I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU THINK LIKE THAT.
THE ORDER SHIP THE SAME THAT WAS RECEIVED. YOU CAN TRACK THAT INFORMATION YOUR SELF FROM UPS WEBSITE.
UPS TRACKING NUMBER: xxxxx. next time before you make any statement, check all the facts first.
THANKS
Now, there may have been a breakdown in communication and I simply never received the email that would have given me the tracking #, but, even if that was the case, would that merit this response?

I have told them that I would be posting this, and I invited them to respond.

What do you think?

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 05-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Ex-Woodsball Player

Default Re: Avoid Ordering from Trinity Paintball

I think that the response was not deserved. I also have recived bad service from anythingxtreme.com when I ordered trinity products I kept getting the its on backorder crap for 2 months. I dont know whats up with trinity or the website I ordered from.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM

Respected, period.

Who ever you were corresponding with did not need to respond that way, there was no need for it. A simple apology would probably have worked. I, however, would not dignify them a response. You told them how you felt, they didn't care and there probably is nothing that will change this person's attitude. Save you breath.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

^^^ Agreed. That was the most unprofessional response I've seen in a long time.

Granted, there may be more to the story than we know, but in business the customer is always right, even if and especially when they're wrong. (Note - Not saying you're wrong, just saying that they shouldn't have responded in that way no matter the situation.) I've never bought anything from Trinity nor anythingextreme.com, but it doesn't look like I will be buying anything soon.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Scenario Junkie

"Customer Service", and the proper attitudes which it implies.... seems to be going by the wayside in most every industry now days. This is the type of response I would expect from a 15 year old on E-Bay who screwed up a shipment....not from a leading retail company in the paintball industry.

Very disappointing

P.S.- Evidently, Trinity has had shipping issues with others on this site in the past as well http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7684
Old 05-16-2007, 07:07 AM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

I can't really fault them for their shipping with my issue, as it did ship out the day after I ordered. I simply never received the tracking information, which could easily be attributed to, as my wife called it, the "email Bermuda Triangle." emails get lost sometimes. It happens. However, their response was so totally unexpected and like you described, Voodoo, immature, that I thought it necessary to post this.

I've thought quite a bit about how I handled it, to your point Vike, and there are some things I would have done differently, or said differently, but that's water under the bridge now. I don't think that I'm going to go so far as to take off all the Trinity products that I'm using, as I said, they actually are pretty good pieces, and that just strikes me as beinng immature on my part (plus I can't afford replacing almost $150 worth of parts because of their poor attitude). But, I thought about it.

p.s. Two major issues they really need to work on, besides their service, the main page lists them as accepting PayPal, but in the ordering section there is no option for that, only credit cards; and, two, the shipping confirmation provided a link to track the order, but by following the link, it only gives that the order is complete, with no actual tracking information given. Until they sort out the service, and these other issues, I have to say, find somewhere else to order your paintball stuff.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 05-16-2007, 04:57 PM
New Guy

Didnt really read what everyone else wrote, but I agree that the repsonse you were given was totally rude and uncalled for....But I also think...who cares about when they shipped it...it wasnt even long...Most companies dont ship on weekends...you ordered thursday and was sent out on tues...3 days..thats good. I personally would have not wrote them and complained about when they shipped it out...but you were professional
Old 12-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Seņor Member

And this is why I deal with Airbourne Eagle on eBay for my Trinity needs... which thankfully has only been a t-lock.

That was really uncalled for, and working in the automotive industry (specifically the electrical end of it, where some jobs require multiple visits) you deal with people generally on a bad day for them, and dealing with that is a day to day thing... point is, this guy is probably going nuts dealing with email after email because his boss won't force everyone to sit down and fix their shipping/notification/paypal system, either that or he's just a **** . So we (the customers) pay the price.

Kudos for keeping your cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 12-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Respected Player

wow i cant believe a company would send out an email that unprofessional i dont think to many people will be buy from them anymore, and how long did it take you to recieve that email?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Wow..this is ridiculously old.