Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2007, 09:32 AM
See You In The Middle

Unhappy STILL having problems with my VS3

This weekend was my second trial period with my VS3, and to say the least, it seems to be getting worse. Last weekend I had a lot of problems with de-cocking, I would have to manually pull the striker back into place after a series of about 15 bps, the marker just couldn't seem to keep up with me. To be honest, I am not that fast a shot yet. This thing is supposed to be able to keep up with me.

The problems this weekend were similar in the fact that even though it did happen less, I still had problems with de-cocking. I thought I had fixed the problem by turning the regulator up to around 280, this didn't seem to fix it too well. Saturday I had a different problem, I was in the middle of a scrimmage when it sounded like I lost an o-ring. Suddenly the marker seemed to just start throwing air out the barrel. This continued until the HP tank was emptied and the reg hit under 50-100 psi. Trying to figure out the problem I re-filled the tank, aired up the marker, and walla, its working like nothing had ever happened. It finished out the day without that problem again. This just blew me away. Anyway, I have put the equivelant of about 5 cases through this marker, I oiled it extremely well, and kept my reg turned up to about 280-300 psi.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:09 AM
One mississippi..........BOOO OM! 30headshots ;)

Default Re: STILL having problems with my VS3

hm....try checking t he cup seal and replacing it with the spare. Other than that the only thing i can suggest is sending it back to kingman and asking them to take a look at it. The reg SHLD be broken in by now and if its stil decocking even wen everything is lubed then ive no clue. Gd luck and i hope it gets fixed
Old 05-13-2007, 12:33 PM

I would recommend upgrading to a new reg and asa but thats just me ....
J&J 14In Barrel
VS2 Trigger Frame
PMI 68/4500

Feedback
Old 05-13-2007, 03:59 PM
See You In The Middle

Hankey723, I have thought about upgrading, only problem with that is the Spyder Cup is getting near. My team is registered in the regional in Cali this June, and I dont want to have to break in new parts, ie the reg. This will be my last resort. And I know there arent a lot of aftermarket regs for the VS3, so which one in your opinion is the better aftermarket reg?

What other regs are better? This is a question for everyone.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:16 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

I wouldn't up it just yet. Use some silicone oil on the bolt o-ring and on the detent slots of the bolt. Just a lil dab on your finger then rub it on both areas. The jackhammering is because this is a STBB. Once you get to 500psi or so, you're screwed, it's just gonna jackhammer because there isn't enough pressure to return the striker. KEEP THE TANK FILLED AT ALL TIMES! Or if you have one of those cheap 400 shot tanks, you should have gotten a 68/4500 at least -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
See You In The Middle

I did, I bought a 68/4500 the same time I bought the marker. And I have never let it get below 2000 psi. The only thing I havent tried is the detent slots. I will give that a try.

Thanks Dragon.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:58 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Use silicone oil. I teched a VS3 a short while ago that was pretty screwed. Once I got it going there was a recocking prob. Put the oil on the slots and it ripped no prob. I put it on the detents too. Just rub some on with your finger -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 05-13-2007, 05:01 PM
See You In The Middle

Will do. Thank you. I'll let you know how this goes.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Spyder Addict

Trim your detents down a little...or mill the slots in the bolt larger. I have done both...both work fine.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 05-14-2007, 01:01 PM

Myself am using a maxflo on one vs3, and a cp on another. Love them both