Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 AM
See You In The Middle

Default Re: Another blemish to paintball

They made themselves accountable for their own actions, and that is good to hear, and it helps our sport.

They arent going to regulate paintball markers like they do firearms due to the fact that one idiot, (or 2 in this case) do something like this. People kill other people with regular firearms daily, and they do what they must to regulate firearms. If you think of the accidents per paintball markers in the world, the difference would be a million to one, and law officials and legislature know this. I think they should regulate them, to the point of registration, that way when these things happen, they know where to go, but to make them illegal to minors, past criminal offenders, and the such, is too extreme. It doesn't have to go that far, just make it regulation that when you purchase one, you fill out the registration slip at the place of purchase, and the seller sends in the form. I think this would put crimes like this to extremely rare occasions just because the purchaser knows they signed there name to a form that can be tracked.

Anyway, this is just my two cents. Im not trying to get anyone fired up.

I do hope these two are made an example of.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:23 PM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

It's an interesting theory, but can you run ballistics on a paintball like you can with a bullet? Cause otherwise registration wouldn't matter unless you did something dumb like left the marker at the scene.

And yeah... all these thugs who think it's cool to go out with a paintball gun and randomly light people up... I don't even know what to say.
Java 68/4500 tank
Old 05-13-2007, 04:23 PM
See You In The Middle

My only reasoning behind registration would be the fact that where the marker was bought. This would aid in the fact that police could track down leads with an address on file. And that would be better than it is now. Just like the supermarkets do with those value cards. There was a story a year or so ago where a drug maker was busted because he bought his supplies at a local Safeway, and he used his value card. He even took the time to fill out and return the registration slip, with his address, phone number, everything needed for police to track him down.

Sometimes stupidity just amazes me with people, lol.

As far as ballistics go, I wouldnt doubt that they can, technology is way more advanced than we realize. CSI is more than just a show.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:26 PM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

lemmie just state now that I'm not trying to be argumentive and that I actually think this is an interesting idea . That's probably the reason I'm bothering to think about it.

But yeah. It makes sense to me that they can do stuff with a bullet because there's the bullet itself as well as a shell casing left behind. With a paintball, you don't get any of that. They'll just shred. I suppose the point about narrowing suspects is a good one, but they'd have to find some other kind of concrete proof to actually nail them.
Java 68/4500 tank
Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

I almost cried reading that...

I can't stand acts of violence like that. My god.

I seriously think I would go into a depressive state if paintball were outlawed. It's my one release (aside from driving) from stress, and the worries of life.

(I think this was said somewhere before, but it comes to mind) "When I'm in the game, nothing else matters. The world outside the field is non-existant, the worries of life are meaningless. In the game, I'm free."

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Spyder Addict

Well it only takes one or two idiots to start a wave of change. People won't care about the hundreds of thousand innocent law following paintball players...someone will be out to push a law through...they'll name it after her and be a hero for protecting innocent people everywhere.

I hope she fully recovers and the low lifes suffer.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Meh, pretty bad, at least the person who did it was a girl, makes it look a bit less bad, also doesn't continue pointing the finger at "violent young males"...
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Timmy Collector

hopefully they get the same charge as assaulting someone with a gun/knife.

Should baseball bats be registered? lots of attacks with those

Pics of my Stuff- Aprill 2011 !

Feedback +11/-0
OFCM#9
Online M-F / Weekend Gone
Paypal
Old 05-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

he needs to die
Old 05-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I now see how redundant this name is......

i've got a really sad story for you all: in my text book (a ninth grade literature book) there was a whole article dedicated to preaching about how paintball teaches children to be violent and shoot to kill and how they all 'use blood red paint' and created this terrifying picture of a whole group of kids that are hot under the collar to go out and 'bust some caps' in some people. all this is on a high school text book. for a whole school class to read. a class of hundreds. that cant be good for paintballs rep.

its amazing how 'no' is the same in so many languages, but its the one word so few people can understand.