fires maybe every third or fourth shot. The gun recocks fine, and if
you let it sit for a second there is an audible "click" then it will
fire.
The gun is running at 300 p.s.i. on HPA. I have added a 32
degrees spring kit, and polished the internals. The valve is stock
and everything is regulated through not only the tank, but also the
stock regulator. The gun is fed by a 12 volt Revolution hopper. I've
placed all the original springs back into the marker, but the problem
persists. I've also tried lighter main springs, raising and lowering the operating PSI. A friend of mine said it was probably a sear to striker problem. If that's the case how would I fix it? Do I have to get a FLash stryker or can I sand my sear a little?? Any thought on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:22 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Rodeo Help

First of all Welcome to our forum. You'll find that this is the friendliest and most helpful forum around.

You can polish your sear and striker but I don't think that is the problem here. I think the problem has something to do with the internal workings of the trigger. Check all the connections, make sure that all the wires are good and there is no fraying or shorts. It could also be the switch. When you hold it up right and press do on the trigger does the light flash? If it doesn't that means that the signal is not getting to the board to tell it to activate the solenoid. That brings us to our final possible problem, the solenoid or coil set. You could have a bad solenoid which could cause this problem. Check all the wiring and get back to us.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-27-2006, 03:51 PM

Make sure you don't have the trigger frame on too tight. Seriously...many people have firing problems because they just tightened the screws too much.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
The gun is running at 300 p.s.i. on HPA.
Really??? What is your FPS? You don't really have the ups necessary to be running at that pressure. Maybe try bumping up your pressure...you might be starving your marker.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Spyder Addict

you probaly need an ESP striker, the mech strikers are diffrent.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:24 PM
The Chuckster

Cool I'll try all that. THe trigger seems to work well, the light does flash and all the dip switches work well. I have noticed that unlike my mechanical trigger, the sear on this sits higher and as a result does not go as flush to the grip while firing. In fact my sear impacts the grip frame when it fires where as my mechanical trigger can virtually go all the way into the frame. I am going to disassemble it tomorrow when I get home from work and have some time, and clean everything. I've been wanting an aftermarket srtiker anyway, so I'll start checking into that. WIll I have to use an "E" type striker or can I get a replacement rodeo striker? Stupid question I know but I want to get it right the first time. I've seen a couple of Delrin ones that should go good with the ACS bolt. I do operate at 300 p.s.i. I actually had to lower the operating pressure and switch out main springs because I think the sear is sitting too far back on the striker to properly disengage due to the pressure / tension. I was operating at 400 P.S.I with a madmann spring kit, and stock everything else and my average FPS was 297. A couple of guys on here can back me up on that. Of course I polished everything out, and I'm using HPA with two regulators. But I'm sidetracking myself. Today I unscrewed the velocity adjuster way out and this helped quite a bit. I'm going to buy a new Java battery and see if that helps any. I'm thinking that it may not be getting enough juice to move the sear correctly (I'm holding my breath on this one). Although when I dry fire the marker I can feel it reverb through my hand. Weird, just plain damn weird. Nothing is ever easy for the chuckster, but keep the ideas coming and I'll keep you all updated.
L8TR
Chuck
Old 01-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Indian

Call me crazy but i think it is physicly imposible for a spyder to run at 300 PSI and shoot 297 FPS...... yea it will probibly be the betterie seeing as they are supposed to be working with 9.6 bolts instead of just 9... but then again i run of 9 volts just fine for about a year now with no problems, But then again i dont use my velocity adjuster lol. So ima gunna say you get that new batt it should work much better.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:53 PM
The Chuckster

I've got the battery charging at home, and it should be ready by tomorrow so I hope to rule out some causes of my firing problems. I haven't got a chance to clean the frame really well yet because I got the damn flu but I'm feeling better today and hope to do that tonight. I was talking to a kid down at the paintball shop and he said that "sometimes there is a pin that goes flat on one side and this causes the gun to not fire correctly" then he tried to explain the inner workings of the frame while I was heaving in the can so I didn't hear half of the conversation. Anyone have a clue about that one? I could make out dowel, and round, but that's about it.
I got a chance to compare the "E" striker from an E-99, and my own and they look the same. I should have put my grip frame on there and fired it but I didn't think of it.
At any rate Thanks for all the replies!
Chuck
Old 01-29-2006, 08:38 PM
wat

The only pin I would think he might be talking about is the pin on the solenoid plunger. It's alot like a dowel that has a beveled edge that goes inside the solenoid, so if it goes flat then sometimes the solenoid wont click far enough to fire. (That's easiest way to explain it without getting too complicated.) But I have a hard time believing that would be your problem. I'd check everything shunut said, the connections, and especially your switch..alot of times it's as simple as a short somewhere. It doesnt sound like a spring/internals related problem. It sounds like a board/electronics problem. Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:26 AM
The Chuckster

I put the battery in last night and dry fired it a couple of times and the gun worked like a champ. I recocked it with a duracell first and it hung up so I put the javaj battery in and it worked without any problems. I also put my harder main spring back in that wouldn't work with the duracell and fired it with the Java, and it worked great too. I'm still going to take the frame apart and clean it up a little, but I havene't had the chance yet. I'll air the gun up tonight and run a couple of paintballs through it and let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all the help!!
Chuck