Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2006, 03:56 AM

Default New Pilot ACS owner

Ok, so after having bad luck with the mr2 I decided to give Kingmann another try as my good ol spyder compact field gun has been pretty faithful. So at 4am I decided to go to Wal-Mart and pick up the new Pilot ACS. I figured for $150 I cant go wrong. So I spent an hour or so breaking in the ACS and installed a 32 Degrees medium spring kit that I originally purchased for the MR2. Its now 6am so time for a little sleep and tommorow ill gas up put some fresh batteries in the TSA and everuone cross your fingers for me cause I really hope things go better for me this time around. If I do like this gun as I really hope I do, tell me what are some good upgrades and what not? See you guys in the later portion of the day.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:27 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: New Pilot ACS owner

Probably the best upgrade you could do is a T-Board with breakbeam eyes from Scenario Dreams. Other than that if you want to go out you can do some LP mods to make you're gun more air efficient. This would involve getting a new VA, valve, regulator, at a minimum. If your acs bolt is delrin it should be okay for a LP project so you wouldn't need to change that. You'd also have to polish all your internals and maybe spring for a new striker, but all thats not necessary. The Spyder works great out of the box so those are only options you have, not necessities.

If you are interested in more info on Low Pressure operation check out Otter's site:
LP FAQ
Project LP

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-27-2006, 06:02 PM

so far so good ran about 5 hoppers of paint through it with only on ball break, Which was due to shooting too hot. I managed to pick up a Dye Proto 14" barrel and I love it. So overall I think I made the right chpoice this time..
Old 01-27-2006, 10:12 PM
New Guy

I'm glad you had good results with your new Pilot ACS. I tried breaking in my bolt and limited my rof to match my hopper. I chopped a ball everytime I went full auto. Played a little woodsball and was so upset with it. Meanwhile I've been waiting for my evlution 2 to come in. It came in today and I went out and emptied a couple of hoppers on full auto. No chops and only one dry fire at the end of the hopper..... I love it with this hopper!

I think I got a bad bolt, or something. I've tried three different types of paint and chopped them non stop until I recieved the egg...

But what I wanna know, is .... Why did you not like the MR2? I'm thinking of going with the MR2 myself...
Old 01-28-2006, 02:45 AM

Broke in the ACS, Got a Halo TSA, and a barrel and it chopped paint as if that was all it was intendid for. Some say it was due to a faulty ball detent. I just wasn't willing to sit back and watch everyone else play waiting for Kingman to issue a recall on the detent so I sold it and decided to try out the pilot. Overall I like it better,. even if the mr2 had worked as it was suppose to i can still squeese off more rounds on this lighter, less bulky, easier to maintain Pilot. If you're just going for agressive looks the MR2 is a great looking gun but performance to price it cant hold a stickto the pilot in my opinion. Not to mention your very limited on barrels with the MR2. I hate to talk bad about the MR2 but I think kingman rushed the making of the gun abit and with a little more time it could be a really great scenario marker overall.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrochell
I'm glad you had good results with your new Pilot ACS. I tried breaking in my bolt and limited my rof to match my hopper. I chopped a ball everytime I went full auto. Played a little woodsball and was so upset with it. Meanwhile I've been waiting for my evlution 2 to come in. It came in today and I went out and emptied a couple of hoppers on full auto. No chops and only one dry fire at the end of the hopper..... I love it with this hopper!

I think I got a bad bolt, or something. I've tried three different types of paint and chopped them non stop until I recieved the egg...

But what I wanna know, is .... Why did you not like the MR2? I'm thinking of going with the MR2 myself...

yea unless you are a full scenario player who likes the feel of heavy guns then im sry to say i wouldnt go for it. i shot one yestarday at the field and it chopped a couple times and was way too heavy for my personal liking. but just break in the bolt and it should be good i cant imagine it being the ball detent. search ther electras thread to asee how to break the ACS bolt in. u should find one of my videos that should help u out.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:23 PM

I broke it in properly, but there was a big discussion in the general section regarding faulty detents in the MR2. I would say go look but uh.. it got deleted.. 'i wonder why' haha. Anyway, I sold the gun anyway, thats how I got the pilot.