Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Unofficial member of the Old Farts Club... 40 going on 15

Unhappy New Low Pressure setup won't recock after adding oil

After reading and re-reading Tim's (OtterSC) articles I finally bought some parts for both my and my son's 05 pilot ACS to go low pressure. Here's the setup.
Checkit Assault Block, 32* spring kit, 32* manga port valve, WGP Ergo, Pure Energy 68/3000, polished striker and sear, and lighter sear spring.

Final spring combo. Grey(med)/Grey(med), recocking at 355 psi. After tweaking pressure for FPS - 400psi 289 FPS

I added a few drops of oil to the striker and bolt thinking I was done, and the damn thing wouldn't recock, it just kept burping. I refuse to go any higher with the psi. I shouldn't have to.

I can't explain it. The only thing I can think of is either by polishing the striker and sear with 800 grit I rounded of some edges that need to be a little sharper for the sear to catch now that its all lubed up, or the sear spring might be too light. But why now after oiling?

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,
Norm
http://spyderpaintball.hopto.org (work in progress)

Last edited by nbishop66 : 01-27-2006 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 AM
New Guy with a custom title

Default Re: New Low Pressure setup won't recock after adding oil

I was wondering if you found any solutions this weekend? I've been trying to lower the pressure on my 05 ACS and can't get it much below 700psi w/o burping.

I have the assault block, palmer's stabilizer, light spring and light metal shim from shocktek kits, stock ACS bolt, slightly polished striker/sear (i was timid tbh hehe), stock valve and a crossfire 68/45.

The reg's 3 cases broken in, so i'm pretty sure that's not it. I was hoping the stock valve would at least get me down into the 500-600 psi range, but ATM i'm running at 750 =/

I can't imagine a new valve would drop me ALL the way down to the "LP" range, can you?

Did you happen to try the adds 1 at a time and see what each did? Any suggestions to someone who's actually a few steps behind you? =)

Last edited by gailon24 : 01-31-2006 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Add my sig!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:28 AM

I dont' know I've been going back and forth deciding whether to go grab a valve (thinking New Designz HP valve) but there's gotta be something else besides that keeping my pressure so high.

Wanted to add, too, that i have the stock valve spring and the light springs i said above were on the striker.

But anway, in your post, when you said you oiled then had problems...did you oil the delrin bolt? Or had you replaced that ACS bolt with a higher flowing bolt?

Last edited by gailon24 : 01-31-2006 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Add my sig!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Spyder Addict

For the 1st guy, I have heard that the 32* valve wont recock with the pressure much lower than 350 psi b/c the face of the valve it too big. but im not sure why it wouldn't recock after it being oiled.

And to the 2nd, Yes the valve is the reason its not going any lower, the stock valve is just not high flowing, aftermarket valves have the exhaust hole bigger and the valve pin is milled to allow more air in the valve. Get the NDZ and it should drop dramatically.

Oh BTW delrin doesnt like oil or water
Old 01-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh BTW delrin doesnt like oil or water
Plus it doesnt need it.

id get a rocket valve. the one with the 2 orings cause even tho u might not see a difference it would ensure that the seal stays sealed.

the NDZ (New Designz) valve is a very good budget valve. so if are short on cahs or dont feel like spending much money then go with the NDZ valve.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:18 PM
10/19/03

You could try a lighter valve spring to let more air through.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Spyder Addict

just throwin this out there.

i put my LP parts on my homie's pilot acs, got the pressure down to about 180, and it recocked @ about 10 balls a sec. the velocity was low also.

good luck w/ur setup

Old 01-31-2006, 04:09 AM
Unofficial member of the Old Farts Club... 40 going on 15

I think I'm just going to get the Dark Horizon Titanium Striker and new sear and see how she goes.

Thanks for all the help guys,
Norm
Old 01-31-2006, 04:41 AM
Coffe sponge

Gailon24:
As OtterSC Customs stated:
Valves - For general use, the stock valve is good. Unless you are going LP, you are fine with the stock

There is no way you can create low pressure if skipping one step.
You simply must have high airflow or there will not be any low pressure shooting.
The #1 Swedish paintball forum >> Paintball.se

A Spyder Victor is born >> The Paintball Blog
Old 01-31-2006, 06:10 AM

Yeah, true, but he also kind of implied in the bottom of Project - LP page that you can try some cheap options and then if it didnt' work, go with a few other changes one by one. I'm going to change it this week probably. I was just surprised that the stock valve couldnt' even do like 600psi, that's all. I didn't expect a high flowing valve to drop me a difference of any more than like 100psi. Thus my thinking that everything but a stock valve ... 600 range then high flowing valve...drop nicely into the LP range. But then again, if it's not additive, then it makes sense that just one component, the stock valve, will be the limiting step and keep me at 700 and then a new valve suddenly plummet me to like 400-500. I'll let you know in a few days

Last edited by gailon24 : 01-31-2006 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Add my sig!