Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 04:02 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: Smart Parts Trademark

No need to get your panties in a bunch! You guys don't understand - the only companies that wouldn't be able to use it would be companies that sell the same type of product as SP, ie. paintball companies. Anyone else can use that slang because they aren't selling the same thing.

It isn't that unique - Microsoft uses "Windows", Apple uses "Apple" and they invented and use the word "Mouse", so on and so forth....no law suits over those words being used by other companies. See?
Old 04-28-2007, 05:23 AM
To the MAX

i lknow. i just get weirded knowing SP is using stuff taht i've always found resereved for my special hobbies

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 04-28-2007, 07:33 AM
THE GAME

i don't even know what to say to the bunch of you, except to stop thinking about it, there's nothing of concern... cuz obviously you don't understand, you don't PAY for using trademarks. YOU GET SUED FOR STEALING THE GENERAL LIKENESS OF A COMPANY FOR MAKING ADVERTISEMENTS THAT LOOK LIKE THEIRS, IE: USING THEIR TRADEMARK TO APPEAR TO BE FROM THE SAME COMPANY. i hope the massive font helps
Old 04-28-2007, 08:14 AM
If you fall down a bottomless pit, you die of starvation.

Wow, that almost burned my eyes out trying to read that.

Everything you need to know
Old 04-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
it doesn't mean you can't say it without paying, it just means they made it their official slogan and using the same thing as a slogan in a product is attempting to take their image in order to sell your product. nothing that groundbreaking really, just preventing people from producing look alike ad's and leeching off of whatever sell demographic smartparts already has.
I know this...IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 04-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
No need to get your panties in a bunch! You guys don't understand - the only companies that wouldn't be able to use it would be companies that sell the same type of product as SP, ie. paintball companies. Anyone else can use that slang because they aren't selling the same thing.

It isn't that unique - Microsoft uses "Windows", Apple uses "Apple" and they invented and use the word "Mouse", so on and so forth....no law suits over those words being used by other companies. See?
I WAS JOKING YALL!

I know what a trademark is...next I'll joke in the right context!
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 04-28-2007, 09:31 AM
THE GAME

use this:

im using it right now.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Respected, period.

Wow, talk about getting you panties in a bunch. Chill out guys, even if he was serious is it really worth getting upset over?

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 04-28-2007, 10:44 AM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut
Wow, talk about getting you panties in a bunch. Chill out guys, even if he was serious is it really worth getting upset over?
who?... personally I'm tired of people continuing a stupid mistake because they didn't read my post, thats why i used super font.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Resident *******

They don't read your posts for a reason, apparently... (<~~~ proper use of a dodgy, btw)

Just playin' with ya Claus, much <3! Kinda lame that SP has to resort to advertising of this kind to buy into our newer players coming in... Speaks a lot about them!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Closed Thread