Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2007, 07:37 PM
New Guy

Default Greetings and a brief question!

Greetings everyone! I am rather new to the spyder forums, but not to the products!

I bought a Spyder One back in early 1995 as my first paintball gun and have used it quite often to play on public paintball fields aswell as on private property. I have only had 2 upgrades to it(in 1996); an ugly stick barrel and a cyclone venturi bolt. While I have not been too active in recent years, this upcoming summer will probably be full of games. With that being said; are there any upgrades around that my marker is still compatible with that would be worth getting?

While I have not had any problems outside seals/o-rings breaking over the last 12 years, I cant help but notice that my gun doesnt seem to perform quite up to that of modern markers.

To give you a rough idea what I have here are some photos:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../mypggun-1.jpg

Close up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...mypggun-2a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...mypggun-2b.jpg

Here is the original bolt I still have:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g/mypgbolt.jpg
Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Finally!!!

Default Re: Greetings and a brief question!

Upgrades??? Well that all comes down to how attached you are to your "first-love". You can quickly drop more than a new "High-End" spyder marker to get your One up to speed with what's out now or you can be the cool guy with the crazy mod'd "old-school" marker.
Here's the question, do you want to throw paint like there's no tomorrow, like the kids (yeah I know I'm not a kid but my markers can definitley empty your paint budget in a hurry) that are only interested in how many BPS their marker can shoot or are you interested in "one-shot-one-kill". Spending your money in the right place for what you want to do is most important.
BTW...welcome back
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 PM
MR1

thats pretty cool seeing a spyder from 1955....
i wouldnt play with that thing id make a display for it its in such perfect condition

a friend of mine collects markers and has quite a few vintage ones
Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 AM
white ion...

its 1995 not 1955
Old 04-27-2007, 04:00 AM
New Guy

MVS1, I am much more interested in the "one-shot-one-kill" idea rather than making my marker all to shoot faster. But, if possible I would like some ideas from both sides since ya never know! I have some time before I go ordering parts, and I kinda wanna know what to look into and what nto avoid since I am pretty sure alot has changed since I orginally started(Hell, I am the only person nowadays using a 35 round hopper! Everyone else has like a small bucket of paint!)

Graphics360, While its not quite that old, Is sure can make it look that old(actually older!) with some electrical tape, a scope and an old M-14 stock(as seen below!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../mypggun-3.jpg
Old 04-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

that is a very nice spyder. in great condition too! is it a fatty or slim striker body?
Old 04-27-2007, 12:01 PM
New Guy

It has the fatty style striker. As far as upgrades go there are still alot around to be had. In my opinion I would go with a shorter barrel and a motorized hopper to start. You can upgrade the valve with just about any one the market. I put a Spyder Imagine Electric trigger frame on my old grey body spyder. You could also add a spring kit and a reg. You will have to find a vertical adapter that fits your spyder before adding a reg. to your gun. They exist but may be hard to find. I got mine awhile ago. If a reg is in your future you will have to buy the thread adapters for your existing steel hose. You can still buy a new bolt for your gun but you will have to make sure it is for a side cocking gun and not a rear or top cocking spyder. If you are out for comfort you could add a pair of sticky grips. Before you start buying parts I woulds suggest figuring out exactly what you want to do with your spyder first. Some Low pressure mods will not work with out other mods first. What I have listed is more of an over view of what you could still get. Ah before I forget HPA is always a good upgrade. Its all up to you.

Sorry this post is all over the place and somewhat difficult to read. I was trying to tpye it while at work.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky1205
It has the fatty style striker. As far as upgrades go there are still alot around to be had. In my opinion I would go with a shorter barrel and a motorized hopper to start. You can upgrade the valve with just about any one the market. I put a Spyder Imagine Electric trigger frame on my old grey body spyder. You could also add a spring kit and a reg. You will have to find a vertical adapter that fits your spyder before adding a reg. to your gun. They exist but may be hard to find. I got mine awhile ago. If a reg is in your future you will have to buy the thread adapters for your existing steel hose. You can still buy a new bolt for your gun but you will have to make sure it is for a side cocking gun and not a rear or top cocking spyder. If you are out for comfort you could add a pair of sticky grips. Before you start buying parts I woulds suggest figuring out exactly what you want to do with your spyder first. Some Low pressure mods will not work with out other mods first. What I have listed is more of an over view of what you could still get. Ah before I forget HPA is always a good upgrade. Its all up to you.

Sorry this post is all over the place and somewhat difficult to read. I was trying to tpye it while at work.
wont the valve have to be fatty tho?
Old 04-27-2007, 12:07 PM
New Guy

I dont think so. I will have to look at that. I am pretty sure I read somewhere all of the valves are the same diameter. I will have to try switching the valves from my imagine and my grey spyder.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:21 PM

You could get an ACP fatty striker, newer barrel and a new bolt (ACP also do a bolts that'll fit). Your Spyder One won't fire as fast as an eMarker but it'll still be cool, or at least I think so.

Quote:
Originally posted by cali141
"Vagabond, i think youre alexander the great. Only reborn. And evil."