Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Paintball Tournaments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2007, 10:32 AM
addicted to stock

Default Re: Who all's going?

My son and I are hoping to go to Charlotte. Gotta find a third.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 PM

Well if you make it Mech, let me know. We'll be there Friday morning.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:38 AM
See You In The Middle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfabe1204
Actually I hope to see you before the games.....Then on the sidelines with a gog or something in the finals...then again when I've got the H2 keys..LOL. Good luck. Let me know how your experience is in LA considering Charlotte is after. Gotta know how the paint is etc..
Lol, thats funny stuff right there.

I will let you know how the paint shoots, I'll show ya if ya want. And dont worry, at the end of the championship, I will give you the VIP tour of the H2 with my name on it.

Good luck to you too. I wish you well in Charlotte.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:07 AM

Thanks Jack. And had to try and drum up some conversation on this board. Have you read all the rules yet? Some interesting things in there.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:40 AM
See You In The Middle

Yes, I have read and re-read them, just to make sure my teammates know them well. Most of them are basics. I have some questions to some of them, and am waiting for some of the stuff they said in the rules to happen, like when they will release a diagram of the playing field.

One that I dont understand is the rule that says no see-through hoppers. I dont understand that, but I am sure they have a good reason. Maybe they just want to make it a little more fair or something. I like how they have it set up so far.

How much have the rules changed since you were in the last one, or other Spyder Cups? I know this format is a test format for the Money ball thing, but I remember in 2001 the rules were pretty basic 5 man play. I had the info on that event, but didnt get to go.

Talk to ya later.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:56 AM

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack In The Box

One that I dont understand is the rule that says no see-through hoppers.

I know this format is a test format for the Money ball thing

Talk to ya later.
If the ref can see the paintballs inside your hopper then he may call you out because it could look like a hit. NPPL has this same exact rule.

Any similarities to money ball is purely coincidental.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:27 AM
RaWr

Money ball is just a mess, it wont make it big, I don't know where you heard that this tourney is a test format for it. The spyder cup is just a tourney that has always been designed to even the playing field, make everyone use a gun that is more or less equal to the one next to it, throw everyone out there in a 3 man format (fastest format) and let them play. Play is the key word here, they are taking the markers out of the situation as much as possible, they are really trying to focus on individual and team skill, rather than the performance of your marker. That is how it was back when it started, only a few rule differences. This tournament is ideal for testing your skill against the other team, it is a true test of skill. That is the only thing that this tournament is trying to promote. That and it brings out a good deal of spyder enthusiasts and we all have something to talk about because of our love for one marker.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
See You In The Middle

Thats awesome to hear. I completely agree about the Money ball scenario, its terrible.

I am sorry for making it sound like I did. I am glad to hear that it is coincidental.

I love what you all are doing with this tournament. The whole basis of what I started playing paintball for has all but disappeared. So many people with the spray and pray motto, ugh. Its sad.

Thank you Kingman-Rep for answering that question. And keep up the good work. I cant wait to go to LA.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Death Before Dishonor

if anyone is lookin for a third or an alt, im open for it. i really wanna go but nobody in my area that is serious owns a spyder haha.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weitjosh
if anyone is lookin for a third or an alt, im open for it. i really wanna go but nobody in my area that is serious owns a spyder haha.
you should post your area.