Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2007, 08:39 PM
MR1

Default lighter trigger and sear spring?

what will getting a lighter sear spring do for my mech marker??? just make trigger pulls lighter?
i was just going to get a spring kit to adjust my velocity (my local field cut mine to get my fps down ), but i found out about Madmann spring kits which include a lighter trigger and sear spring and a couple valve springs
and i dont really understand how a lighter sear spring would do very much... i mean the tension on the sear from the hammer depends on the hammer spring am i right

will i be able to walk 30bps with this setup??

http://www.maddmanproducts.com/Home_...ring_Kits.html

site^
Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 PM
noobert in training

Default Re: lighter trigger and sear spring?

hmm wow if thats lkike the guns spring kit...i dont think that site has anyuthin 2 do with the trigger...a spring kit lowers the recoil on the gun, which makes it easier 2 rock, but if you have a mech, then i dont think it has any recoil to begin with, therefore its a waste of mushu..
Shocktech drop, with ndz ultralite on/off
Cp regulator (red)
trinity reg adapter
crossfire 68/45 tank
Virtue Board
Halo w/v35 board

Was it worth it.....? TOTALLY!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 AM
MR1

no offense man, but i cant understand what youre saying... but it probably beacuse i dont know how e-markers work....

what a spring kit does a mechanical gas blowback marker is adjust how hard the striker hits the valve... and that controls how much air is let into the gun and therby controls the FPS... so a spring kit is to adjust your FPS when you cant get it where you want with youre velocity adjustment knob...

i think i found my answer on otters page... sear spring just makes it easier for the trigger to trip the sear and the trigger spring makes a lighter trigger pull... sounds good to me!

does anybody have this mod??? how miuch lighter is the pull?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

the springs are prolly for the esp frame which uses a different pushing sear spring and a smaller diameter and length trigger spring. a mech spyder uses a pulling sear spring and a larger diameter and length trigger spring.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Unofficial member of the Old Farts Club... 40 going on 15

I WOULD NOT lighten the sear spring. I lighted the one on my e-frame and it had problems returning fast enough to catch the sear. I ended up buying a replacement stock spring from Kingman.
2 - IONs - 360 QEV, Egg II, Redz Clamping Feedneck, TechT L7,ND Detents. Freak w/ All American Front

Old 04-16-2007, 07:28 PM
To the MAX

that kit on their site is for a mech frame to lighten the mech's pull. in the picture they have you can see the small push spring of the sear, and the thin long pull spring of the trigger

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Just out of curiosity... Was it NVP that cut your spring? (Just wondering, because I saw you live in NY and I've had to tell lots of people with new Spyders, especially MR's to ge their spring cut, being a reff there)

To lighten the trigger pull, you get a lighter trigger spring.

Lightening the sear spring is only going to make the sear slower reacting, and weaker. Causing your gun to "burp" or rattle off, wasting air.

Buying a "Spring Kit" is to deal with the FPS of the marker. They are put into place in the bottom tube of the stack tube design and are placed against the hammer to push it forward and onto the valve nipple. Which is held closed by another spring. When the hammer hits the nipple, it pushes the spring in the valve to the open position. This results in the air flowing through the marker, pushing the bolt back into position and releasing air into the port on the bolt, firing your marker.

I don't know if that helps or not.

Also, that kit has everything to take care of your springs. It will replace and "upgrade" every spring in your marker. It will lighten your trigger pull with the "lighter trigger return", keep a more consistant velocity with the "striker spring" and "valve spring."

I know there have to be people on this forum who have bought this upgrade...

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 PM
To the MAX

i got the 32* kit, which doesn't have the trigger spring, but that's cause i use an e-frame, which doesn't use the same trigger spring. a spring kit is essential to tuning a gun properly. without it you just don't have enough control

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 04-17-2007, 11:09 AM
MR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24
Just out of curiosity... Was it NVP that cut your spring? (Just wondering, because I saw you live in NY and I've had to tell lots of people with new Spyders, especially MR's to ge their spring cut, being a reff there)
-yea it was nvp actually, the lowest i could go was about 270 and the field is 250 i guess b/c its so small?... that place is pretty sweet i gotta say, it has the nicest turf.
seems to be a lot of little kids there though, im 20 and i felt kinda bad shooting at all the 12 yr olds......

To lighten the trigger pull, you get a lighter trigger spring.
-yea i know

Lightening the sear spring is only going to make the sear slower reacting, and weaker. Causing your gun to "burp" or rattle off, wasting air.
-i guess the sear spring is actually heavier?? i read a review on pbreview and thats what someone said... i dont know how that would help anything

I know there have to be people on this forum who have bought this upgrade...
-dragon, the one mod, was the one that i saw mention it a long time ago...

thanks people, im just gonna get the kit and see what its all about and report back to tell you all if its good or not

but if you have more thoughts, please post em up
Old 04-23-2007, 11:53 AM
MR1

ok, well i got the kit and tried everything out the day before yesterday and i am very satisfied with the mainsprings quality along with the valve springs. the new sear spring also makes the trigger pull minimally lighter... good stuff

the trigger spring however is garbage b/c it isnt stiff enough to return the spring to its neutral position fast enough. it also seems to be slightly too large for the little hole it fits into so it binds up and doens feel smooth at all. i was pretty upset about this b/c i was looking forward to a lighter pull but whatever, ya cant win em all....

so there you go, anybody with a mech marker thats looking for a spring kit could pick this up and be very satisfied with their purchase,

just dont look for miracles, i mean it is just a spyder...