Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 08:27 PM
noobert in training

Default how do you guys practice?

I know many people new to paintball, and new to teams might want to know this. Just post how you guys practice.

My team and practice diff areas, first we all go to our range(located a couple miles away from everyone) and we just go through reballs. We practice shooting with our guns, also we have an indoor fieild, and we discus strategies. We go in the tourney as a team, we leave as a team.(period)
Shocktech drop, with ndz ultralite on/off
Cp regulator (red)
trinity reg adapter
crossfire 68/45 tank
Virtue Board
Halo w/v35 board

Was it worth it.....? TOTALLY!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

Default Re: how do you guys practice?

Go to team practices at the local field and play against good teams.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, we had a pretty regimented routine to our practices. On closed team practice days, we'd start off conditioning - stretching, then running sprints and laps. After that, I'd take the mids and fronts, and we'd practice "bunker" drills - playing each different bunker - moving from side to side, snap shooting, making bunkers off breaks, so forth. We'd have snap shooting drills, first shooting targets, then played "King of the Hill" where we'd snap each other. I'd have my snake players work there, hiding people and targets around the field, and the snake player would have to find them without getting shot out.

My co-captain would take the backs and practice laning and making their bunkers off the break. Then they'd practice movement on the field and locking down lanes.

Then, we'd come together and practice lane drills, with the fronts and mids trying to make their bunkers off the break and the backs laning. The fronts and mids that got hit had to run, and if no one got hit, the backs had to run a sprint. Then we'd run specific plays designed to lock down a particular area of the field.

After we were finished for the day, we'd get together and discuss what we did, what we saw and how we could improve. Everyone had a voice, everyone had a say in it.

On open practice days, we'd do some snap shooting drills, some laning drills, and an XBall drill where we divided up and played two on two. Everyone was communicating, even the guys not playing. When one person got out, the next guy came storming in. The drill was over when the field was locked down and the other team couldn't enter the field without getting hit. The object was to communicate, condition and learn movement on the field.

Then, every other month, we'd go to another field and play their team (we had this set up with several fields.) They would come to us on the off months.

We worked pretty hard at it, most times! I think this is one reason I burned out a while back...
Old 04-15-2007, 10:20 PM
noobert in training

very good, with that kind of practice, youll be pro(if you already arent). Very good
Shocktech drop, with ndz ultralite on/off
Cp regulator (red)
trinity reg adapter
crossfire 68/45 tank
Virtue Board
Halo w/v35 board

Was it worth it.....? TOTALLY!
Old 04-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Hahahaha, not quite! We did win a couple of tournaments around the tristate area and placed decently in a few more.

I don't even play tournaments anymore. I stopped playing about a year ago, then the team kind of pootered out about 6 months ago. Although, I have been asked to play and/or guest on a few teams this summer...who knows? Maybe I'll play another tournament soon.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
New Guy

i shoot at traffic cones.... seems to work well :Þ