Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Paintball Tournaments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 06:29 AM
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh

Default Re: Psp and NPPL Merging

As Geezus said its all rumors in that and i could write a convinising article that say th world is ending tomorrow. That doesnt mean it will happen.

THere is way too much bad blood between the two organizations for them to merge. Also both series are doing as well as they can so there is no need to merge.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:20 PM
New Guy

Right thats why psp is boing bankrupt
Old 01-03-2006, 12:52 PM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zus
Right thats why psp is boing bankrupt
id like to see proof.

Vid or shens
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 01-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
id like to see proof.
As well as i.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I don't think they would actually merge for a couple of reasons...

#1 - too many people (at least from what I've heard and from what I've seen aroudn this part of the country) like the PSP MUCH better than the NPPL. Seems the NPPL gets pretty anal about a lot of things - especially when it comes to Nazi-like rules on mask cutting, bps, ramping, etc...

#1a - the NPPL makes more money (for some reason) and brings in more venders so if they were to merge, it would be the PSP coming to the NPPL, not the NPPL coming to the PSP. And since I already mentioned that the PSP is growing in popularity by leaps and bounds, they'd be cutting their own throats by doing this.

#2 - I think the PSP has a better venue lined up as far as cities go. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me the PSP is making an effort to try to reach states that aren't actually involved in the major paintball tournament scene. This is evidence by the number of tournaments that have adopted "PSP rules" in the midwest part of the country. The NPPL tends to stay in the Eastern or Western part of the country (with the exception of Denver) yet the PSP has moved into Chicago, San Antonio and there are rumors of the events making it to Kansas City in the future. There are a lot of ballers on the East and West coasts, but by ignoring the middle part of the country, I think the NPPL has actually hurt itself...

I may be wrong on #2, but if I'm not, then it makes sense to me that the PSP would want to stay out on their own. It's golden!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Banned

alot of insurance companies dont support psp rules.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Apparantly though, enough do because the PSP format is becoming more prevalent around the country in local tournaments and such. At least, like I said, in our part of the country. Could be a lot of field owners are going without insurance, also, and not letting on to the players they don't have any. I can tell you 2-3 in Oklahoma that I know of for sure that don't have it...but I won't!
Old 01-03-2006, 06:05 PM
RaWr

Closed until there is actual proof of this happening im tired of this argument
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 02-24-2006, 07:10 PM
RaWr

THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just a rumor.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Yay! Catalyst is wanting to enter the PSP ranks next season and I was getting to think there wasn't going to be a PSP....

Still like to know if the RUMORS of a tournament in KC will pan out....that way, we could hit one in Texas, then one in KS....and not be out all that much money.

Hey, Barron, you run a PB business...you and Durrell - you ought to sponsor this cool OK team I know...