Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: New format of playin?

cheesy smiles ftw!

misspellings ftw!

staged paintball ftw!

the video is obviously just a demostration. at least, i hope it is. i think a real "moneyball" game will be much larger. it has some potential, but it still needs some work i think. and a new name
Old 04-08-2007, 10:13 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Definitely. I'd be interested to try playing at least once.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Fluent in Stroll

the game lasted like 10 seconds...

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Banned

Thats like football with paintball markers. Everyone would do run throughs to win.

It sucks.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Spyder Addict

qft
line of elimination things is ftl
Old 04-08-2007, 03:54 PM
THE GAME

moneyball could be decent if:

1.they got a new spokesman
2.they got a new name
3.they made the line of elimination be the farthest player back on the offense team
4. 10man game
5. field the size of a football field
6. wide, medium hieght bunkers in the back, with lots of room.
7. tall overpowering bunkers on one side of the middle (like the x and big cylnders)
8. massive half field "snake" area opposite of the massive bunkers
9. open space with centerflag and 2 bunkers in the middle

this would promote a ton of movement, prevent overusage of laning
and still keep the games longer than 10 seconds. but logistically, all of that is super expensive to do, meaning it could probibly ONLY done in pros.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
New Guy

Seems like the type of thing now that has come up in pro bassfishing that could possibly ruin that. It isn't quite as bad as the WHA.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 AM
See You In The Middle

I agree with most of you. The concept, although it has potential, if a lot more thought was put into it, to really go somewhere. Having said that, could they have possibly picked a worse person to promote this?!?! The last thing any real baller wants to see is this Evan Money. I mean seriously.

I know that in order to make paintball a full on spectator sport, they (they being the person/s who will profit from it) are trying to follow suit with every other pro sport and because of that "they" think it has to have a focal point, (ball, flag, whatever). In my opinion, this is just plan idiotic. Paintball is not, and never will be, just like all the other pro sports, for much more obvious and overlooked reasons. A). You cant grab all your gear and a paintball off of your closet shelf and head down to the local public park to pitch a few shots with your buddy. At least not without breaking the law. B).The gear is not endless, you have to resupply your paintballs, (I know reball has made that better, but even they get lost) and get your tanks refilled. Not everyone is going to carry a Co2 cannister in there trunk and/or an air compressor. C). There is too much involved with safety in paintball. If you get hit in the eye with a football or baseball, 90% of the time the worst you will get is a black eye, not lose one.

These are just a few of the reasons why it will never be like all the other pro sports. And to be honest, the old addage, (If it aint broke, dont fix it.), I would love for that to apply to this situation.

Having said all of that, I will be able to give a full description of this moneyball due to the fact that the Spyder cup seems to be set up just like this. Very minor differences, but the same basis. After the first event, I will be able to give a hands on description of what the actual game play is.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh

I actually believe that the format will promote the exact opposite of what that fool is proposing. The games will become defensive stalemates. You will see players lock down the field much like you see a team down on bodies does. The second thing is the "line of elimination" punishes agressive behavior. You will see less teams push the 50 becuase of the potential for easy elimination.

Overall he hit a few good points about paintball and why it wont be televised but "Moneyball" is one of the worst formats that could be thought of.