Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which marker do you recomend?
PM7, running w/ stock parts for awhile 6 18.75%
PMR + UL frame, maybe some other ups. 14 43.75%
Shocker NXT, w/ stuff that keeps it from breaking 5 15.63%
Etek Ego, w/ at the most electronic upgrade 4 12.50%
Keep Ion, everything to it. 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2007, 06:08 AM
THE GAME

Default $700! -Another Which Gun thread

Ok, so I'm about to have an influx of moneys, which since its all related to paintball anyway, my parents have no problem with me "reinvesting" it into paintball, ~ 700 bucks.

I really want a new marker. REALLY, but I could live with my Ion (kicking and screaming the entire way) I've narrowed it down, but everyone that knows me knows I flip flop when it comes to this.

Choices:
PM7, stock
PMR+UL
ETEK Ego
Shocker NXT

all have some obvious good things about them, but each has something I don't necessarily like.

PM7 is expensive if I wanted to put a UL frame on it... and knowing it had one available and I didn't have one (I love the feel of UL) would eat at me.

PMR has a large(r) space between the red and the frame which bothers me, just a preference. Also stock parts are only decent. Poor resale (I'd assume, since they have an Ion-esque reputation)

ETEK Ego has a fire area which is more likely to get dirt and debris in it. although not very likely, knowing me, it would find its way in. Also I hear no QEV's isn't a huge problem, but it bothers me slightly.

Shocker NXT, I see these down way too often to have faith in them, sort of ugly, reg is only decent, questionable to how good annodization is.

Keep/Up Ion, No resale at all. Could cost a lot to get it to be tolerable. Really bad trigger (I've even looked into other triggers, they still don't feel good.) Fat grip frame. Bad Reg.

DO NOT TELL ME TO GO SHOOT THEM FIRST, I HAVE, AND I HAVE EXPRESSED MY DISLIKES HERE
Old 04-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: $700! -Another Which Gun thread

Well, I'm going to sound like a fan-boy, but I'm really not!

I said PMR since the money you invest in the UL frame (which you said you loved) and the gun itself is still going to be cheaper than the PM7 that you would still want upgrades for and not have the actual money for. If you can get past all the idiots whining about how it's either a "low end" matrix or that it's the "New Ion" then it's the best bargain you can get for a great shooter, IMHO.

Resale value, as far as I can see so far, hasn't actually dropped much at all, although you shouldn't really look at a paintball gun in terms of resale, in my opinion. It'd be like buying stock at a high price and then selling low - you're ALWAYS going to lose...

As far as just decent stock parts, in my opinion also of course, theres no need to replace the only things that are available to replace right now anyways - that being the back cap, feedneck, eye covers and barrel. Barrel is more than decent - I use it more than my aftermarket barrels and it's usually ball on ball with no barrell breaks at all. Eye covers - well, they're eye covers - no need to replace them, unless you just don't like plastic. Back cap is the ONLY thing I recommend replacing because it gets so much use, but mine never gave me a single problem. Feedneck, other than not being a camlock, is just as good as any other feedneck out there.

Second choice would be the PM7 or the Shocker NXT - but only second because of price. We all know we feel the urge to upgrade, and that just adds to the cost.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:01 AM
PMR'er

I vote PMR. My friends have the ETEK egos and their nice but theirs was loud(just a lil quiter than my MR2). Another one of my friends had the Dynasty shocker and liked it a lot, but did more chopping than me so id say cut the NXT out. Pm7, idk. So that leaves the PMR, looks good, cheaper and u should have an extra 100 or so left over for other upgrades.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:53 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

I'm gonna have to go with the PMR aswell, its just sounds too nice to pass up. Besides, because of its not so amazing stock parts, you get the fun of upgrading it.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Spyder Addict

I say shocker nxt or etek. My friend got a shocker nxt last month and I got to play with it today. that gun is really, efficient, pretty quiet, good for the price.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Public Enemy #1

ActionVillage has Marq6's for $750. Get one now. Best decision you'll ever make.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:02 PM
THE GAME

shhh... dont tell everyone!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Public Enemy #1

Nobody here has any money.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:27 PM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
Nobody here has any money.
really? i cant tell from all my stuff that wont sell, besides, knowing bamf, he'd get one to make a video
Old 04-08-2007, 03:49 PM
THE GAME

all sold before i could arrange shipping and payment